Tuesday, May 8, 2007

yuck!

I HATE being sick. HATE IT.

I woke up this morning at 3:30 feeling awful-sore throat, fever, headache, chills, the whole thing. When my alarm went off at 5:30 to get ready for school, I thought "oh, I'll be fine," so I got up and got in the shower. When I got out of the shower, that's when it really hit me. I broke out in a cold sweat and literally had to lay down on my bathroom tile. Max was going nuts. Sweet Mandy came down to help me get back in bed, calm my dog down, and get me meds. Thank goodness for good friends! :)
I don't like missing school. Preparing for a sub is hard and I always feel behind when I get back to school. BUT I obviously had to take a sick day today and it looks like I'll be home again tomorrow. Bummer. I get so restless after being in bed for long periods of time. I'm so not a good patient.
It was the exact same time last year when I got sick for an entire week with similiar symptoms. It was right around Mother's Day, the end of school, and MSU graduation ( I went to that one with 102 degree temperature...not smart). Let's just hope this lasts less than a week. I'll go crazy.
My sweet Nana brought me some juice and bananas (she thinks bananas cure everything), and my dad brought me a yummy milkshake. Other than that, I haven't eaten anything...nothing really sounds good.
I'm tired of watching TV. Thank goodness AI is on tonight! Go Jordin! :)

5 comments:

Kelley and Laura McWhirter said...

Hope you feel better Laura!

Unknown said...

feel better little one.

The Overstreets said...

LT -- Hope you are feeling better! Get back to posting.. I miss my blogging friend. (Although, we probably live less than 5 miles from each other and I haven't seen you in 6 months, but I still feel close.. don't you?) Anyway, get better soon!

LWolfe said...

LT, i hope you feel better! and, i know what you mean about Nana and her bananas. my grandmother, Mamer, thinks that 1. she is a doctor, and 2. that cranberries are the nectar of life!

Anonymous said...

Ya Ya, You caught something from one of your students. A fellow teacher understands...