I compiled this list last night...
(insert drumroll here):
1. I have crooked middle fingers. I have no explanation for it. It’s just how God made me.
2. I do not walk around ANYWHERE without shoes on. Even when I’m in my own home, I always have something on my feet. Again—no explanation.
3. I chew A LOT of gum but not for a long period of time. I chew a piece for a little while, spit it out, and then a few minutes later I’ll get another piece. This tends to annoy some people.
4. I carry Mace with me when I go running. Paranoid maybe, but it makes me feel in control and safe.
5. I have a mental block when it comes to doing my taxes. For some reason, I just DON’T GET IT. Thank goodness my mom is a genius. Every year she “helps” me with them and explains exactly what to do. Then, the next year I TRY to do them myself, and always end up going back to mom. I hope to marry someone who understands better.
6. I LOVE being a teacher but HATED being a student. I just don’t know if I could go back to school.
7. I have never had a cavity.
8. I am seriously knock-kneed. It’s quite possibly the first thing anyone notices about me.
9. I (with the help of my parents) once played Santa Claus for a former student and his siblings a few Christmases ago because he wasn’t getting anything for Christmas. It was one of the best feelings I’ve ever had.
10. If I got married RIGHT NOW, I would have 12 bridesmaids. I realize that’s a bit ridiculous, but I just consider myself lucky that I have 12 best friends!
11. I LOVE eye make up. Bobbi Brown, please.
12. I love peanut butter. In fact, I love it so much that I can’t allow myself to buy it because I would literally eat it with a spoon out of the jar until it was gone. I have portion control issues.
13. I am fascinated by twins, triplets, etc. I wonder if that’s a sign of what’s to come for me…
14. I REFUSE to pull anyone’s tooth. This is ironic because I’m a second grade teacher so I’m surrounded by loose teeth, but my kids know up front that I get a little weak at the thought of being the one to pull them.
15. I require more sleep than the average 27 year old.
16. One of my biggest goals in life is to become a mother.
This is a good one: *17. Recently my sister Kristen had a picture of the 3 of us (me, Kristen, and Heather). When a co-worker saw it, she asked Kristen if we all had the same parents. Kristen (a little confused), replied “yes,” and the girl then pointed to me and said, “well, I was just wondering because this one looks HALF ASIAN!” HA! I thought it was funny and most definitely took it as a compliment! For the record: I am NOT half Asian and YES, my sisters and I all come from the same parents!
18. The prongs of a hair dryer plug went up my foot. Yep…when I was a sophomore in college, I jumped off the top bunk and landed directly on it. It was excruciatingly painful to say the least.
19. Sometimes I like to bake cookies for others just so I’ll have an excuse to eat the cookie dough.
20. I buy birthday/anniversary cards a year in advance. For example: I go to Hallmark in January with a list of every single person I need to buy a card for that entire year. It usually takes me a LONG time to shop, and it costs a good chunk of money, but it makes it so much easier for me. I have a greeting card organizer where I keep everyone’s card for the year.
21. Ironically, I sometimes feel cuter when I have on jeans instead of when I’m wearing a formal dress and really TRYING to look cute.
22. As a child, I LOVED turnip greens. Now the look and smell of them make me sick. My grandmother used to always fix them for me and for years I pretended to still like them, FORCING myself to swallow some in front of her because I didn’t have the heart to tell her that I hated them!
23. I have a fear of witnessing someone choke. I watch my students like a hawk when they’re in the cafeteria.
24. I don’t think the TV show Friends is all that funny.
25. I am giving up sweets for LENT again this year. It’s one of the hardest things I’ve ever done.
Have a great weekend! :)