Wednesday, May 2, 2007

any good recommendations?

I'm trying to waste a little time. My kids are finished with Day 2 of testing (small sigh of relief, but nothing compared to the excitement I will feel tomorrow at this time!), but we have to wait until everybody in the school is finished before I can allow them to talk, get up, go to the bathroom, etc. For the most part, it's quiet in the room right now...it's kinda nice. Some of the kids are reading, some are sleeping (hey, as long as they're quiet!). They've been sitting for nearly 3 hours now...poor kids.

ANYWAY...
I need a new devotional. I'm finding myself rereading ones that I already have and I want something different. I enjoy books by Beth Moore, and I've heard good things about "Praying God's Word Day by Day". Has anybody read it?
Maybe you're reading one now that you'd like to recommend (I'm not a fan of books that are "deep"...I like to think a little, but not too much =) ).
Let me know if you have any suggestions.
Happy Wednesday! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recommend "Principles of Spiritual Growth" by Miles Stanford. Kate introduced me to it, and I LOVE it. It's more of a book than a devotional, but the chapters are arranged topically, so you can take it one short chapter at a time :) I think you'll like it.

The Kosko Family said...

praying God's word is excellent.

LWolfe said...

if you want a devotion...try "Whispers of Hope" by ole Beth. It's a prayer journal too, but day 31..."Trust Me With Your Isaac" changed my LIFE!

Unknown said...

Haven't read it but I'm sure it's wonderful...arent' all of hers? :) I'll be thinking about it...to see if anything comes to my mind. I LOVE PRISCILLA SHRIRER. My TX Bible Study group did her study, HE SPEAKS TO ME, http://www.goingbeyond.com/home.asp Just click on Bookstore and scroll down for the 6 week member book. She is the daughter of Tony Evans, famous pastor in Dallas area/ Baylor guy...I think I loved it so much b/c of the videos--she's just awesome--but I loved it in general. Happy Reading! ejw

Anonymous said...

i have always loved streams in the desert. i have probably gone through it at least twice. i still have favorites that i read when i need encouragement.