Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Monday, January 28, 2008
Moving on to the fabulous basketball game...
Of course I always love a good MSU win, but I especially love it when our opponent is Ole Miss. I was optimistic about the game, but never would have guessed that we'd DOMINATE the way we did and win by 20 points. GO DAWGS! JR's parents were in town for the game, so I of course enjoyed spending a little time with them after the game.
Unfortunately, I woke up Saturday morning not feeling well. I decided last minute not to go to the game, hoping I'd feel better after a little nap. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. I was sick (sore throat, coughing, fever, etc.) all day Saturday and Sunday. My stubborn (and rather idiotic) self went to work this morning, but I left at 9 when I realized that I was running fever. I DID NOT need to be there. Seriously...what was I thinking?? I went to the doctor, and FORTUNATELY I don't have strep or the flu. It's an upper respiratory infection (fun huh?). I still feel pretty rough right now, and I went ahead and took off tomorrow too. I figured I need all the rest I can get. Sweet JR took such good care of me all weekend, bringing me juice, medicine, cough drops, crackers, etc. (all without me even asking him to!). It's so nice to be waited on!
Hopefully this sickness nonsense will be over by Wednesday. I'm a terrible patient! PLUS, my dear Candy is coming to visit this coming weekend, and I've got to be 100%!
OK...I'm off to take yet another nap. Have a great week!
Thursday, January 24, 2008
It gives me chill bumps just thinking about it. WOW.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
My second advertisement of the night involves food. Perhaps you've heard of these delicious soups
from Progresso. And you're not misreading the can, folks, each serving of this yummy soup has only 0 Weight Watchers points (note: one serving is half a can. Half a can does nothing for me, so I consume the entire can. Does that make me a pig? Maybe, but I don't feel guilty about it. Anyway, I suppose if you eat the whole can like me, it would count as 1 Weight Watchers point (??)). I'm by no means a serious Weight Watcher, but know about the points system, and I try to be somewhat conscious of my daily points consumption. Maybe when my will-power truly kicks in, I'll become strict about it. There are several different soup flavors available, but the only one I've tried is the Southwestern-Style Vegetable. SO...whether you're trying to lose weight or just stay on track a little like me, give it a whirl! I guarantee you won't be disappointed!
Enjoy your Wednesday- half way through the work week! Woo hoo!
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Friday, January 18, 2008
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
1. How bad is your road rage? I guess it depends on how big of hurry I'm in. I'm not a fan of ignorant drivers though.
19. Chris Rock or Chris Tucker? I get them mixed up.
25. What did you do last night? Ate potato soup with JR (he's a fantastic cook) and flipped between American Idol and the MSU basketball game.
26. Do you think you will be in a relationship three months from now? I sure hope so.
27. Have you ever told someone you loved them and meant it?yes. I tell my family daily.
28. How's your heart lately?It's still kicking!
29. What were you doing this morning at 7am? probably making copies in the workroom at school.
30. What were you doing this afternoon at 12pm? math with my students.
31. What was the reason you last laughed? My assistant and I had a good laugh at a student today. She sits close to the mirror in my classroom, and she spends most of her day admiring herself. I don't think I'll ever be able to give her a new seat because of the daily entertainment she brings me. You really have to see it to understand the humor.
32. Have you ever talked to someone when they were high? not to my knowledge
33. How many red lights have you run? none intentionally. I would never do such a thing. Once in college, I ran a yellow light and was pulled over because the cop said it had turned red before I got through it (the only time I've ever been pulled over actually). No ticket was issued b/c the officer knew my dad. I love Tommy T.
34. Have you ever cried while taking a shower? that's really none of your business.
35. What was your least favorite grade? I don't remember too much about grade school sadly, but I remember 5th grade being kinda hard.
36. What were you doing at 12am last night? sleeping hard.
37. Have you ever, in any way, been betrayed by someone you trusted?yes
38. When was the last time you were given flowers? my sweet boyfriend sent some to me a couple of months ago for absolutely no reason. Attached to the beautiful bouquet: a gift certificate for a massage. He's good.
39. Is there anything that you are craving right now? TCBY BUT STARKVILLE DOESN'T HAVE ONE ANYMORE! GRRRR...
40. Do people ever make mistakes when spelling or saying your name? Laura doesn't cause a problem, but you should see the way some people spell "Tomlinson". Some examples: Thomlinson, Tomblinson, Tomilson, and my personal fave; Tomcrosbo.
41. Have you ever started a sentence with No offense, but…?yes
42. When was the last time you saw a police car? today actually.
43. Did you ride in someone else's car today? nope. Just my good ole altima.
44. Have you made a mistake in the past week? who hasn't?
45. Who was the last person to text you? Candy. She texted me to tell me that she saw a white mustang with a pink stripe, a cartag with "Brandi" on it, and a leopard tag cover. I think that's totally disgusting.
46. Do you miss someone? of course.
47. Is there anything you regret about your past? quite a few things actually, but who doesn't really?
48. What was the last movie you saw? I don't know...maybe "We are Marshall"???? That's such a great movie.
49. Are you sleeping somewhere other than home Saturday night?nope. I love my bed.
Monday, January 14, 2008
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Don't ask....(I guess you kinda had to be there for this one)...
We visited Mere's sister Emily (top 5 FUNNIEST people I know) and sweet Sarah Beth yesterday too. SB is a DOLL!
What a fun day!
Have a great day Kristen! I love you!
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Oh yeah...one more thing I failed to mention. He has a son named ELVIS AARON PRESLEY MACLEOD. It's true. He actually named his son after Elvis's FULL name. Wow.
I hope you had a great New Year's! Did you remember to eat your black-eyed peas today?