Wednesday, May 23, 2007

And the winner is...

JORDIN..WOO HOO!!!

I suppose this will be the last post about American Idol for a while. It'll be January 2008 before it'll start back up again...sad.
I'm pumped about Jordin winning. I mentioned earlier that I felt like she would win, but I'm pretty sure that Blake won't be forgotten. No way. I bet he'll have best selling albums and be banking it shortly.
I was surprised by how much I actually enjoyed the entire 2 hours of the finale (well, most of it). I really had planned on having the TV on during the whole show, but not really being into it until the very end. I have compiled a brief list of my favorite parts of the show, as well as some not-so-favorite parts. Here they are in no particular order (see if you agree):
Top 3 favorite parts:
1. Carrie Underwood's performance (love her)
2. Golden Idol Awards (very clever...a bit cheesy, but clever)
3. The African children singing (very entertaining...didn't you love it?)

3 least favorite parts:
1. Looking at Sanjaya
2. Watching Sanjaya sing
3. Watching Sanjaya sing again (I was going to fast forward through all of that mess, but then I remembered that I DON'T HAVE TIVO...dang).

I feel like Jordin's last performance Tuesday night sealed the deal for her. Here it is in case you missed it. Fantastic. (Does anybody else think that Simon is just a little sexy? Just wondering.)




*Subject Change:
-Tomorrow is my last day of school with students. They will only be there for 1/2 a day. I must say that I'd be totally lying if I said I wasn't THRILLED about it being summer. The break is long overdue and I'm so excited about the time off. BUT, I'm sure I'm going to be a little sad to see those little munchkins head of to 3rd grade. I sure do love those kids.
-Secondly, Mere's in town!! I haven't seen her since her wedding, so I'm pumped about hanging out! Hopefully I'll be seeing her tomorrow sometime and hang out with her even more this weekend...

YAY FOR FUN WEEKENDS AND SUMMER!!
Tanny

3 comments:

Crystal and Billy said...

I was a little nervous going into the finale, but so glad that Jordin won!!! I'm sure Blake will have no problem getting a record deal!

The Kosko Family said...

kinda sad for blake, but he'll be ok....jordin looked beautiful, i'll give her that....

and simon....well.....not so much sexy.....

Claire said...

You know, I made fun of you for thinking Simon is sexy. But I just watched that video, and lo, I see it now. He IS sexy. Seriously. I'd make out with him.