Sunday, May 20, 2007

weekend recap...

What an event-filled weekend. I feel like I've been spoiled a little by the amount of time I've been able to spend with my sisters, brothers-in-law, and of course my Henry. I'm fortunate to be able to see Mom and Dad often since I'm still in the same town, but with Kristen and Heather both living several hours away, I'm lucky to see one or both of them every month usually. Lately though, it seems as though there's been one weekend event after another and I've had some good hanging out time with them.
Of course I was camera-ready every second of the weekend, so I was able to get some really good pictures (I should have gone into photography :) ).
The weekend started Friday night when Mom and I went to SA graduation. I went mainly to see two sweet girls who have been good family friends of ours for years. The first picture is Camon who I've known nearly all of her life. Her family lives across the street from my parents and they're practically family. She was the salutatorian of her class (99.7 GPA...seriously?? I don't get how somebody could be that smart). The other picture is Michelle whose family has also been good family friends of ours. I've spent a lot of time with her over the years as her "babysitter"...I would stay with her weeks at a time when her parents would go out of town. (Her boyfriend is the one who was just killed in a car accident the day before graduation).
Both of these girls are special to me and I'm so very proud of them!


Saturday afternoon, the fam went to the MSU baseball game...the weather could not have been more perfect. Henry had a good time and he enjoyed being shown off by us all! :) Here are some pictures from the game. (The bottom picture is my cousin Jake and his girlfriend, Lindsey....so fun to see them!).










Friday night, we ate dinner at Nana's for my mom's birthday (it's this week).




Uncle Bobby gave Henry his first autographed baseball...so cute.

Sunday morning we ALL went to church and had lunch. It was a fabulous weekend, but I always get a little sad when they leave me. FORTUNATELY, in a mere 5 days, I'll be free for the summer (woo hoo!!) so I'm sure I'll be taking a few road trips to visit. Yay for summer!


Here are a few more pictures taken randomly during the weekend.


One more thing...

I've been playing around with the video feature on my camera and I just so happened to catch little Henry laughing. I then decided to play around with vimeo and try to upload it. Hopefully this works so you can see him. To me, there's no sweeter sound than a baby laughing (although listening to George Strait is a very close second :) ). I've watched this at least 12 times already. Enjoy! (Be sure to pause the music at the bottom!)








Henry Laughing from Laura Tomlinson on Vimeo

1 comment:

Debi said...

Laura
I love reading your blog. You are just too funny at times. I also enjoy seeing photos of Henry and the rest of the family.
I do have one question. Why just one candle on Melita's birthday cake? Where you afraid you might start a fire.
Keep up the great blogging.

Debi