Friday, May 18, 2007

prayer request...

Many of you may have heard about the terrible car accident early this morning in Starkville that included 7 teenagers, one of which was killed. I think that some of the passengers were in high school, while a few of them were also in college. I'm not positive on their ages, but I have heard of all of them although I don't know any of them well.
A girl I used to babysit and housesit for weeks at a time is graduating high school tonight and her boyfriend is the one who was killed (he was a freshman in college). I just saw her earlier this week and met her boyfriend for the first time. He was very friendly. It's such a devastating situation, and I know there are no words that I can say to comfort her when I see her tonight at her graduation. It's going to be tough for so many of the students there as well as other friends and family members who are coping with this tragedy.
If you're reading this, I ask that you stop now and say a prayer for these kids, family members, the schools here, and the community. These kinds of accidents are never easy for anyone.


Psalm 10:14 (New International Version)
But you, O God, do see trouble and grief; you consider it to take it in hand. The victim commits himself to you; you are the helper of the fatherless.

1 comment:

Emily Fowler said...

I agree Laura, I can't stop thinking about it. I felt like there was some sort of chill in the air last night. I saw you from a distant, but did not get a chance to speak. hope to see you again soon and not from a distance.