Thursday, May 3, 2007

I know it's only May 3rd, BUT...

Someone very special to me has a birthday Saturday. There are several reasons why I must post about her birthday today instead of on her ACTUAL birthday:
a. She is taking off work tomorrow, so she wouldn't be able to see the post until Monday when she returns to work. (There's no internet access at the Skaggs home).
b. I'm actually driving to Hattiesburg tonight to spend the weekend with her (I'm also off work tomorrow), so I was left with no choice but to post a couple of days early.
c. I just feel like it.

Heather is talented when it comes to writing poems, stories, etc. about people. I'm not that gifted. I did, however, scrounge around my parents' house to gather up some pictures of my dear little sister. I then created a photoshow with the pictures, which I'm posting to share with you. Before you view it, though, there are a few things that I must share about the birthday girl.
1. She used to think OBGYN was a radio station.
2. She still sleeps with her "Baby" (as seen in one of the pictures...look closely). As a child, when Baby would get a hole in her, Mom would have to perform surgery on Baby by sewing her up.
3. She makes conversation with telemarketers on the phone rather than simply just saying, "No, thank you, I'm not interested"...like NORMAL people).
4. She loves taking pictures of herself.
5. She can talk almost ANYBODY into ANYTHING (like the time in highschool when she created a POWER POINT PRESENTATION for my parents trying to convince them that she "needed" a cell phone. It eventually worked. OR how about another time in highschool when she somehow convinced the principal to let her leave school early to TAKE A WARM BATH because she was cold. GIVE ME A BREAK!).
6. Old men and Chinese children make her cry. She loves them.
7. She's extremely smart, but still doesn't understand math (and don't even get her started on "imaginary numbers").
8. She still thinks that she ran over a bear on the highway to Jackson (hmmmm....)...
9. She still isn't sure how to use the big blue mailboxes that you see around town. "Seriously, I mean, they don't have flags on them, how do you mail something?" (Yes, she actually said that).
10. She's the kind of person that you meet once and fall in love with immediately.
(This list could go on and on...trust me. If you're interested in any more "Heatherisms," please just let me know.)

Despite all of the quirkiness :), she's one of the greatest people I know! If you know her, I'm sure couldn't agree more. So, even though it's a couple of days early, HAPPY 24th BIRTHDAY LITTLE GIRL! Let the celebration begin TONIGHT...see you in just a few hours!

Enjoy the show!


So, I'm having a little trouble setting the photoshow to where you can control whether you want to listen to the music or not. It's too appropriate, BUT it does get quite annoying. You'll first need to pause my playlist below, so that you can hear the photoshow. Then, if you do get tired of it, simply press pause to stop the "birthday boogie." haha..



Consider this my photo-a-day challenge for day 9....please excuse me from blogging for the next couple of days. I will be in a non-internet-accessible home all weekend, but will have fun pictures of the birthday bash ready to post when I return! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

AHHHH!!!! SO SWEET! I kinda cried. I love it!
THANKS!

Anonymous said...

Y'all have such a wonderful family...I don't know your sisters, but Eileen knows everything about them, where they live, their B'day etc.In a strange way, I feel like I know them too. I wish I had relatives close to us! It gets very lonely at times to live so far away from our families....:(:(

mary straton said...

i just laughed out loud at work.

You forgot to mention the time that Kristen broke her arm, and the two of you had very different reactions: yaya cried, and heather said, "come on, Harris, let's play Nintendo."

Here's to you, Feather.