Thursday, May 10, 2007

sick day #3

I'm still at home. I haven't left my house (other than to take Max out) since Monday night. I'm not a lazy person, so sitting around the house, unable to do ANYTHING is not my cup of tea. I'm ready to be back at school. I was actually planning on going back today, but last night my temperature was still 101.3...not good. So, I decided to rest yet another day and HOPEFULLY I'll be back tomorrow. We'll see. I'm actually feeling much better this morning...no fever, thank goodness.
Pretty much all I've had to eat/drink over the past 3 days is: chicken noodle soup (the cure for any sickness...right?), cran-grape juice, and ice cream. Now, I'm not complaining about the yummy milkshakes or TCBY shivers I've eaten, but I am ready to have my normal, mexican-craving appetite back. Maybe sometime this weekend I'll be ready to hit up Tipico again. I'm missing it terribly.
Let me also add that day-time TV options are not good. If you don't like soap operas, trashy talk shows (OK, so a little Maury can actually be funny, right Mere??), or divorce court, you're in trouble. I watch Fox and Friends in the mornings, take a nap, eat some soup, take another nap, and then good TV shows start coming on...Dr. Phil, Oprah, Seinfeld, etc. etc. The Office comes on tonight too, and by the looks of the previews, I think it's going to be a good one....but...I'm going to have to kill time for 11 hours until it comes on though...hmmm....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get well, get well soon, we wish you to get well...

~matthew and sarah

Katie said...

I hate being sick... and yes there is NOTHING on TV. I learned that with mono! I decided that the amount of child birth shows on during the day should be illegal. I don't want to see that until I have to do it myself!!!!

Katie said...

Oh yeah... get well soon! :)

Unknown said...

Luke ahs been out of town the last two days, which has left me to some pretty terrible tv viewing. I did see on E! last night, that ABC is (most likely) dropping Scrubs so The Office can be a full hour next season...that should be enough to make you feel better!

The Lively's said...

hope you feel better soon. Warner is named after both of our grandfathers - William (my grandfather) Warner (Chris' grandfather).

Anisa said...

aw, get well soon! maybe you should watch girly movies during the day. or perhaps you should go to your parent's house and make your mom and dad pamper you. :)

The Segrest Family said...

hope you feel better today!

The Texas VicHorns said...

byeeeeeeeeee murrrrrrrrrryyyyy.