When darkness seems to hide His face,
On Christ the solid Rock I stand...
When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Favorite photo taken in 07: Definitely this one...haha...GO DAWGS!
Finally, GO DAWGS!!!
Tune into the Liberty Bowl today at 3:30.
(Thanks for the pic, MSKS).
Heather and Trey rolled into town this afternoon (Yes...they, along with BOTH of my parents, are off work tomorrow. Grrr....). Kristen, Rob, and Henry will be here sometime tomorrow night and we're having our family Christmas this weekend while they're all here. We'll be in Starkville until Sunday, when we'll be heading to Collinsville for the get together with my mom's side of the family. I'm so looking forward to the whole weekend, but my main focus right now: SURVIVING TOMORROW (prayers needed please! :) ).
Happy Friday friends! :)
p.s. My daily Bible verse today (top right of my blog) is the beginning of the story of the birth of Jesus. It's a simple but EXCELLENT reminder of the REAL meaning of Christmas isn't it?
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? wrapping paper no doubt. I'm my mother's child. I have a different theme each year, so all of my presents look the same. I love to wrap, although I'm not nearly as good as some.
2. Tree--Real or Artificial? I'm not partial to either one really. I have an artificial tree because it's easier and you don't have to water it, but I do love the real tree smell.
3. When do you put Christmas tree up? As soon as possible without being tacky about it. I always want to do it in October but others won't allow me to do such.
4. When do you take the tree down? I wait as long as possible without, once again, being tacky. It's usually the beginning of January. I love Christmas.
5. Like egg nog? no, but I kinda wish I did. I think it looks festive. I do LOVE egg nog bread. Heather gave me that recipe once. It's fabulous even if you don't like egg nog itself.
6. Do you have a nativity scene? I don't actually.
7. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably the awesome Barbie house Santa brought the 3 of us one year. Of course Heather and I thought it was the wrong color, so we try to 'paint' it white with toothpaste. It didn't work and we got in trouble.
8. Hardest person to buy for? MSKS and all of the males in my family.
9. Easiest person to buy for? probably my sisters. They pretty much like the same things as me.
10. Worst Christmas gift? honestly can't think of one that has been just completely terrible!
11. Mail or email a Christmas Card? MAIL! I love Christmas card pictures! I've gotten really good ones this year. Some friends and fellow bloggers who have sent some great ones this year: the Skaggs, the Smiths, the Overstreets, and the Lowes. Love them all! Last year I sent out a picture of Max wearing a santa suit, but he got made fun of so badly for it so he refused to pose for me this year. Thanks a lot guys. I opted AGAINST sending out the one man shot of myself from the church directory as a Christmas card. Haha. Expect to get a cute one from me one day when I have cute kids to show off.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Sorry...can't choose just one. a. Christmas Vacation b. Christmas Story c. Home Alone (JR and I actually watched that one Sunday afternoon...LOVE IT) d. Grinch e. Elf
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? usually mid October. I was pretty much finished shopping by Thanksgiving. I love being finished early.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? not that I recall. That's not a lie either.
15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? anything sweet I can get my hands on. We also eat a big breakfast on Christmas morning. I love cheese grits and biscuits. Yummy.
16. Clear or colored tree lights? clear
17. Favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night, Mary Did You Know?, Go Tell it on the Mountain...I could go on and on
18. Travel during Christmas or Stay home? In the past, we've traveled before or after Christmas, but we're usually home on Christmas day. This year may be a little different, but I don't plan on traveling too far regardless!
19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? DUH!!! Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixon, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph.
20. Angel or Star on Tree top? no preference. I don't even have a tree topper!
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? morning!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? When people forget the real meaning of Christmas. I also don't like it when people refuse to say "Merry CHRISTmas". Get over yourselves!
Your turn! :)
As I was viewing the pictures on my camera that I had taken that day, I came across a few pictures that I actually had NOT taken. Hmmmm...Heather thinks it's funny to take my camera or phone and just take pictures of herself. Lots of them. All of the time. Well, Heather, you need to know that once a picture gets on my camera, there's a good chance it'll end up on my blog.
So, here you have it, friends, my little sis at her best (even though she looks like she'd been drinking a little here! haha)
Look how she's holding her pup. Poor Sophie.
I know you probably think that I spend my free time driving around aimlessly for cleverly written signs to post on my blog. Well, believe it or not, I've actually just been fortunate enough to stumble upon such gold mines as this one...
I love the way this picture looks!
my quaint little tree (notice Max's adorable stocking in the top corner!)
My table stays set year round. The pieces, placemats, napkins, etc. change according to the season/holiday. Here is my Christmas setting. Oh, and your eyes are not misleading you...I have name place holders and I felt compelled to place names in them (you know...since I have so many dinner parties at my house...haha). Isn't that what these little name holders are for? Anyway, the 4 names that are placed around my table are: Holly, Joy, Noel, and Merry. That's right. Holly. Joy. Noel. Merry.
Heather, Candy, and Kristen have already made fun of me for this, and I'm totally prepared to hear from this friend, this friend, and this friend regarding this particular decor. Hey....I was debating on using names of the characters from "The Office," but aren't my 'Christmasy' names more appropriate? :)
I'm not really sure why I thought you'd want to see a picture of my lovely up-to-date oven. I do like my new and *inexpensive* little "Jingle Bells" sign though!
....and a couple of views from outside...
Is anybody else ready to watch "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" and eat puppy chow?
Me and JR
I was nervous about the game...I won't lie. When we were losing 14-0 at the beginning of the 4th quarter, I thought the game was over and I almost became one of those fans that leaves before the game is over. However, my dawgs decided to start playing football and scored our first touchdown with 10 minutes left in the game. Everything went our way after that. I love being a bulldog.
My week off was fabulous (except for the fact that I've been dealing with a stomach bug for the past 24 hours. I haven't been able to eat anything for about 36 hours now...you should feel very sorry for me...). I've been able to spend lots of time with my family, relax, decorate for Christmas, and watch my bulldogs win!
I hope you have a fantastic week!
at my parents' house
at my aunt and uncle's house in Collinsville
I hope you all got to spend time with your families and eat lots of yummy food like I did!
P.S. Trace-I'm totally expecting to receive a lengthy comment from you regarding this post, as you seem to be the only Ole Miss fan who reads my blog.
GO DAWGS! :)
...as seen at a fast food restaurant that I fortunately came upon while driving to Tuscaloosa (no, I didn't stop in for a big bacon and fries, as TEMPTING as that sounds :) ).
Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites