Thursday, May 24, 2007

It's time for horn honking and tire squealing!

I'm experiencing a feeling right now that only teachers can fully understand. The last day of school. Mrs. K, a dear friend and teacher (who also just happens to be MSKS' mom), says that she feels like doing nothing but driving around town, honking her horn and squealing her tires on the last day of school. I couldn't agree more. We are getting together later this afternoon to do just that. :)
I brought Max to school with me this morning. My kids have been begging to see him since August, so I knew they'd love it. They were so excited to see him. Max, however, was NOT too thrilled. He was so nervous the whole time and wouldn't even let me put him down. So, by 8:30 this morning, I was heading home with him. I think he was actually relieved to be home in his kennel.
As far as my teacher gifts are concerned, some of you may be jealous. First of all, my class gave me a gift certificate to a Mexican restaurant...woo hoo!!! I also got a $40 gift card to a day spa in Columbus (the most perfect teacher gift), cute napkin rings from Giggleswick, and some yummy brownie mix. I really wanted to post some pictures of my precious students, but I'm very hesitant about having their pictures on the web without parental consent. You know, for liability reasons and such. I'm sure it wouldn't be a big deal, but it's the summer and I'm not really in the mood to get sued.
So, to all of you teachers out there: congrats on surviving another year and have a fabulous summer. I plan to.
And to all of you who work during the summer: I'm sorry. I'll think of you when I'm sleeping in, laying out, visiting friends during the week, etc. etc.
Don't hate.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i don't even like you.

Jason, Cathy, Claire, Grey, and Nate said...

I love it!! I am so excited and I just can't hide it!!! I hope you have a great summer. Hopefully we can get together sometime. I miss your sweet face!

brad, amanda, and brody said...

Hey! So glad to know you're on here too. I love reading these things! Congratulations on summer (I'm so jealous). I just want you to know that I share a love for Jordin too! Yayy for her finishing 11th grade! ha

Love,
Amanda

mary straton said...

clearly Claire does not share your concern for parental consent.