Saturday, April 14, 2007

Ode to Shan...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHANNON!!!Happy Birthday
Today is the 25th birthday of one of my favorite people on earth. We’ve been friends for as long as I can remember (15 years or so?), and she is one of my oldest and very dearest friends. We went to elementary school together only for a couple of years until she and her family moved to Nashville. Why anyone wanted to be friends with me at that phase in my life I’ll never understand. I had massive eyebrows and extremely frizzy hair. She is one very special girl for sure. :)

We have lived in different states ever since then, but we talk often and have remained the best of friends. She’s currently working on a Master’s Degree in Virginia, which I think is way too far away from me (apparently she wasn’t think about ME when she decided to move there...).

Often, when referring to friends, you hear people say "Oh, she would do anything for me," and in some rare cases that rings entirely true. Shannon really IS that kind of friend though. There was a point last summer when I desperately needed her. Shannon sensed it, got in her car the next morning and drove 12 hours to be here. Seriously. How many friends would actually do that?? She was also here for my high school and college graduations, she was with me the day I just ran into Jerry Seinfeld (true story), and she actually convinced me to ride on a motorcycle (see picture below). She's unbelievable and these really are only a few examples of her loyalty. Now, she is also completely out of control and totally insane, but that's an entirely different blog post...I won't go there today. :)
Here are only few of the most recent pictures of Shannon and me.
*Of course, I could have included pictures from way back when (we're talking like 4th and 5th grade), but I decided that they would probably be more embarrassing for me than for her, so I refrained (you can thank me later Shan).


Shannon...Happy Birthday to you! I miss you so very much and hope that you have the most fantastic birthday! I WISH I WAS THERE!!!! Love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

in the picture of you on the motorcycle you look like you are on your way to KD and Kappa Sig easy rider...nice