Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Just call me "GRACE"!!!

Setting: hallway at school around 10:00 am this morning
I (known as "Miss T." at school) was walking with my class down the hall. We were simply walking from the bathroom to the classroom, which is quite a short distance I might add.
I was in the middle of complimenting my class on such a nice job walking so quietly, but midsentence...
BAM!!!!
The next thing I knew, I was on the floor. Yep, I just FELL down. On the floor. Splat. My kids were the only people who saw it (fortunately I guess) and at first they were just kinda shocked. Once they realized I was OK, they had a little fun with it. I'm sure they won't let me forget it. :)
I honestly don't even know how I fell. Wet floor? nope. Shoelaces? none. Was there something in my way? no. I have no idea what caused the tumble.
Now, if you know me well, you probably don't find this very surprising. After all, I have busted it a time or 2 (or 7) while running. I've tripped on uneven pavement, shoelaces, pinecones, etc. Sometimes I've been alone, other times it has been witnessed by others (I don't know which is worse). So I've definitely had my share of scrapes and bruises (much like the one I have now), but isn't it easier to fall when you're running instead of simply walking down the hall at school? Geez.
What's wrong with me??

2 comments:

mary straton said...

you left out the banana peel.

The Kosko Family said...

well, being a teacher is a dangerous job, lt....you should be proud that you put yourself out there....you don't do what derryl (sp) on the office said this week that michael DID do...."sit on your biscuit and never risk it" (or something like that)....

be PROUD.....