Thursday, April 26, 2007

...and so I bid farewell...

(I saw this somewhere....I'm not a bud light drinker, BUT oh how I love those ads...this is good)

Bud Light presents the facebook addict:
Today we salute you, Facebook addict. You thought you could just log on once, but little did you know it would consume your life. Joining one pointless group was just not enough. Adding every person you never spoke to in high school just to be "virtually" popular. As if IM wasn't enough to feed into your stalker-ish behavior. Ooooh look at you with your 3406593 "friends". So go ahead, crack open an ice cold Bud Light, Compulsive Away Message Checker Turned Facebook Psycho.

Well, I did it.
I got off facebook...deactivated my account... it's over...but is it forever?
It's been 2 years since my beloved Claire went completely behind my back and activated a facebook account for me. I hated it and refused to join until that day (when I was literally FORCED to do it). Then what happened? I became hooked. If you're on facebook, you know of its addictive nature.
I don't really know why I deactivated it today, but it wasn't a spur of the moment decision (both Heather and Claire got off because of a spur of the moment decision and they're both back on now...). I've been thinking about it for a while, so it has been a gradual process for me, and today I did it. I was finally able to wean myself off of it. I can't promise that I'll never return, but it's something I can't really think about right now.

Am I sad now or am I experiencing a sense of relief? It's too soon to tell.
The question still remains: WILL I BE ABLE TO STAY AWAY?


*hopefully most of you know me well enough to understand my sense of humor and know that there's not a whole lot of seriousness to this post. I can ASSURE you that being off facebook will not cause me to become depressed! :) I would be a little embarrassed if somebody really took this seriously. In fact, I' m not really sure WHY I even posted about getting this...ok... Oh well, it's done now. Whatever...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I give it a week.

Unknown said...

I dont see how yall do it. My name's Amanda, and I am a FB Junkie.

Krystal said...

i got rid of my myspace account. i'm calling it myspace detox. so far, so good. i've realized i can live without it. i bet you can live without facebook too :) you'll rememeber to spend your time doing the simple things in life :) good luck. call if you need any support. haha.

The Benjamins said...

I gave up facebook too, but I still feel the urge sometimes to re-activate it. I guess I have been off facebook for a while now...you can do it!

Jenny said...

i still have my facebook acct. and myspace, too. haven't been on myspace in months, but it's still there, and i don't fb as much as i blog, so i'll keep mine for now. it can definitely be a distraction.