Tuesday, February 26, 2008

R

I must admit, choosing a picture for R has been more challenging than I thought. R is one of the most commonly used letters in the alphabet, isn't it? I don't know why it was so difficult for me.
I was talking with my dear friend MereMurHorn a little while ago and she mentioned that she was wanting my famous chocolate/peanut butter chip oatmeal cookie Recipe (yes, you read that correctly...these cookies contain chocolate chips, peanut butter chips AND oatmeal. THEY'RE FABULOUS.)
Hmmmm...recipe begins with an "r" right? Perfect.
Now, I don't want to toot my own horn here, but these cookies are good. Really really good. I used an oatmeal cookie recipe that I found in a cookbook, and I added the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips to make them even better. Leave the chips out if you prefer, but I can go ahead and tell you that you would be making a mistake.
ANYWAY...
Here's the yummy recipe:
Ingredients:
1 c. sugar
1 c. light brown sugar
1 c. vegetable shortening
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
2 1/4 c. oatmeal
1 bag peanut butter/chocolate chips (you can buy the bag that's got them combined. Of course you can also choose to use peanut butter OR chocolate instead of both of them).
Directions:
Combine sugars and shortening. Add eggs lightly beaten with vanilla. Add flour, salt, and soda. Mix well. Stir in oatmeal, and PB/chocolate chips. Spoon on cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 8-10 minutes (you should eat some of the raw cookie dough before the last step).
It's super easy, and I promise they're some of the best cookies you'll ever put in your mouth!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Crystal and Billy said...

That looks like a yummy recipe...I will have to try it.