Monday, February 4, 2008

am I CRAZY or what?

You've seen pictures of my friend Heather, and heard me mention her name several times recently. Well, she's the reason behind the first half of this blog post. Heather attends a Catholic church here in town. This Wednesday is Ash Wednesday, which marks the first day of Lent. I am not Catholic, therefore, there's a lot about Lent that I don't understand. What I DO know is that during this 40-day period, you are to give up something that you love (what things besides types of food are given up for Lent? I'm just curious...). It's NOT supposed to be easy. Anyway, Heather has a major sweet tooth, as do I, so she decided to give up sweets entirely for Lent. At first I told her she was crazy and that I could never do it. After a little thought though, I decided I actually wanted to give it a try and do the SAME thing. Do you understand what I'm saying here? I'm CHOOSING to do this. Have I lost my mind? Here's my reasoning. Heather and I see each other on a daily basis, so we could help hold each other accountable. PLUS, we're planning a beach trip in a few months, and if I'm going to get my body ready for the beach, something's gotta give. So starting Wednesday, no more candy, ice cream, desserts, etc. for me for 40 days (Katey, I know what you're thinking...this means no "TCBY-wannabe" yogurt for us! We will discuss this later!)
I'll keep you updated on my progress.
Changing the subject a bit...
I've come across a few blogs who are taking part in an "alphabet blog challenge." Allow me to explain the rules. You are to post a picture daily (that's the tricky part!) which
represents each letter in the alphabet, starting with A and ending with Z. I decid ed to give it a shot, since I do enjoy these types of things. I may be bending the rules a bit though. The pictures I post may not actually be pictures taken by me. I may be googling some of my pictures, but I think they should still count! Also, the whole daily posting thing might get me too. Having time to blog everyday could pose a problem, but I'll do my best. Forgive me if I skip a day here or there.
So, who else is up for the challenge?
Here's my first picture.
A is for "American Idol!" This show is big this time of year, and I'm one of the most loyal fans. I love the humor of the auditions, but I'm ready to pick out my contestant and move on to the real stuff!
Stay tuned for the remaining 25 letters...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i am giving up tobacco, drugs, and cusing.

only kidding.

The Davidsons said...

I'm giving up chips! I just posted on this same topic. Happy Mardi Gras!

Tracy~ said...

Good luck! I think you can do it :)

I haven't decided what I'm going to give up yet. I'm debating diet coke... but then every single person around me would be miserable!

The Texas VicHorns said...

You are a stronger woman than I.

Adelia said...

I definitely think you are crazy. But more power to you. Good luck. And I'm excited to see your next 25 letters.

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

fun! maybe i will give the alphabet a try too