Sunday, February 3, 2008

much needed hanging out time with Candy!

My dear friends Chad and Candy were in town this weekend! They came in late Friday night and spent the night with me. Candy and I spent the whole day Saturday just hanging out (Tipico was included of course), and it was long overdue. Our original plan was to hit up Mint for the "Big Bag Sale" at 9 am. What a great idea this was-you pay $20, get a brown grocery bag and whatever you fill in the bag is yours! I knew it was going to be a big deal, but I had NO IDEA it would be as crazy as it was! We pulled up at 8:58 am, thinking we were smart and we'd be there before anyone else, but we were so very wrong! There was a line going all the way down the sidewalk! Candy and I decided that we just couldn't fight the crowd, so we didn't stay. :(
Sorry I didn't make it like I'd promised, Emily, but it looked as though it was a huge success!
Candy left Saturday afternoon to head to Carrollton to spend time with her family, and see her little Landon, who I GREATLY MISSED! Our time was too short, but as always, I loved loved seeing her!

I hope you had a great weekend! JR and I are heading to Heather and Tom's tonight to watch the Super Bowl. I care nothing about the NFL, nor do I care anything about the 2 teams playing. I don't like Eli Manning, though, so it looks like I'm pulling for the Patriots tonight!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the problem with you State fans...You can't like Eli because he went to Ole Miss.

Tracy~ said...

Yeah - what anonymous said! I was jumping up and down and running all over the house. I scared the dog and the kids. I'm not a big Giants fan but I can't stand Tom Brady or their coach. So YAY!

Glad you are feeling better!!!

Anonymous said...

Boo. I can't STAND the Patriots. Tom Brady's not nearly as hot as he thinks he is.

yaya my friend.

LT (and Max) said...

true. I HATE OLE MISS and i'm not ashamed to admit this fact. Eli went there and I do hold that against him. I just think those manning boys are just overrated though. sick.

Unknown said...

hahaha. i love dramatic anonymous comments.

you think you are cute.

The Stringers said...

The sale WAS a huge success and we missed you! You definitely DO NOT want to miss the next one! We had a line backed up by 8:30 and they didn't stop coming in steadily until after noon! You can not imagine the awesome clothes people were getting stuffed in their bags!! It was a lot of fun!

Tracy~ said...

Well, they won back to back Superbowls, so I don't think they're THAT overrated. I think Tom Brady is the overrated one. :)

I just wanted the Pats to go down and didn't care who did it :)