Wednesday, February 20, 2008

M

I'M BACK and ready to continue my alphabet journey! Thanks for allowing me to hit the pause button for a few days while I was loving my life in San Antonio!
Now we have the letter M, which is going to represent My San Antonio pics (please let it count!)!
I started my trip by spending the night with Kristen, Rob, and Henry Saturday night. I was able to spend some one-on-one time with Henry, which I'm honestly not sure has ever happened before. He's such a happy child and I'm the proudest aunt. Look at his face.
AND MOVING ON TO SAN ANTONIO!
It is an absolutely gorgeous place. I looooooved it! It was a lot different than I expected, but I can't really explain exactly how it was different. We stayed in a hotel on the Riverwalk, and all of our free time was spent shopping, exploring, and dining along the Riverwalk. We never once had to take a cab to go anywhere else! It was so relaxing and super fun. If you look closely at the collage above, you can see several of the scenery pics I took while I was there. We took a ferry tour up and down the river the first night we were there, and I learned a lot about the great city of San Antonio!
Moving on to more pics...
Here's the group that went! 10 teachers representing the Starkville School District!


me, Heather, and Mandi while on the ferry ride!

above pic...THE BOTTOM OF OUR CLOSET! I roomed with my friend Heather, who I absolutely adore. We were in S.A. from Sun.-Wed. and she brought 11 pairs of shoes! I knew my blog readers wouldn't believe it, so that's why I'm posting a pic. to PROVE it!! ELEVEN (including the glamerous boots below)! Aren't they fabulous and completely appropriate for Texas?!
Here are a couple of pics of me and Heather. The bottom pic is for you Mere! Yee-Haw cowgirls!!

We saw the Alamo!

Julie Fancher (my assistant principal), Melanie McCarter (Kindergarten rep.), me (2nd grade rep.) and Heather Simmonds (1st grade rep.). Wondering why we're all wearing similar jackets? We bought them on our trip for $7 each! They're Columbia fleece jackets, and were originially $50!!! Almost everybody in our group bought at least one! You can't pass up something like that!

Bottom pic: same group as above. We're at the Rainforest Cafe, where we ate one night. Look at the stools we're sitting on. SO cute!


As you can see, my trip was a blast, and I look forward to going back there one day!!
I'm heading back to work tomorrow! Good news: It'll be THURSDAY!! YAY!!!

10 comments:

The Overstreets said...

I'm so glad you had a great trip! Welcome home!

The Davidsons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Davidsons said...

OK...I'm a goof! I'm so glad you're back! Looks like an awesome trip. What a deal on those cute jackets!

Unknown said...

so fun!!! It looks awesome.
I will have to make trey take me there one day....
Heather makes me laugh - look at those shoes!! Only she could pull it off.
Glad you are safe and sound back in Starkville after a wonderful trip!!! LOVE!

Anonymous said...

PS...How 'bout them Dawgs!!

The Texas VicHorns said...

YAY! You are so cute. Eleven pairs of shoes??? I need to meet this girl, my new idol. I'm so glad you loved SA...it is great. Did you by any chance have Tim as your riverguide on the tour of the riverwalk? He is hilarious. Thanks for the cowboy hat photo in my dedication. Wish I could have been there!!!

The Benjamins said...

Cute pictures from your trip! Looks like y'all had lots of fun! I can't believe those jackets were $7! What a baragin!

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

you should find out where she got those boots. i hear mere is looking for some cute ones!

Jason, Cathy, Claire, Grey, and Nate said...

What a fun teacher trip! I am so jealous! I love your alphabet game. I am having so much fun with it! Henry is so adorable!!!

Tracy~ said...

Great pics! It looks like you had a great time!!!