Sunday, February 3, 2008

BUNKO, BABY!

My friend Heather and I hosted Bunko Thursday night (yes, I was well enough to go!) and we had it at Heather's beautiful house. As I'm sure you can tell from the pictures below, we decided to have a Valentine's theme. Claire, you would have LOVED it! :) I didn't win anything, which wasn't a big surprise, but we still had tons of fun! I mentioned previously that my SAINT of a mother prepared the meal that I was in charge of (remember, I was SICK...I'm not lazy or anything) and it was D E L I C I O U S! We were short-handed one person for Bunko, so my mom actually came last minute and subbed! It was so fun for her to meet some of my "teacher friends" and she had a great time.
Allow me to share the fantastic recipe for "Light King Ranch Chicken" that we devoured that night. You will definitely want to jot this down because it is: a) EASY b) LOW FAT and c) YUMMY!
Here you go!
Ingredients:
1 large onion, chopped
1 large green bell pepper, chopped
cooking spray
2 c. chopped cooked chicken
1 can fat free Cream of Chicken soup
1 can fat free Cream of Mushroom soup
1 can rotel tomatoes
1 t. chili powder
1/2 t. pepper
1/4 t. garlic powder
12 (6 in.) corn tortillas
1 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
Directions:
Saute' onion and bell pepper w/ cooking spray in large skillet for 5 min. Stir in chicken and next 6 ingredients. Remove from heat. Tear tortillas into 1" pieces; layer 1/3 tortilla pieces in bottom of 13"x9" pan coated w/ cooking spray. Top w/ 1/3 chicken mixture and 1/3 cheese. Repeat layers twice. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 min.
Note: Casserole may be frozen before baking.
ENJOY!

1 comment:

The Stringers said...

sounds like fun! call me any time you need an extra bunko-er! i would love it!