Sunday, February 10, 2008

G

I hope some of you are enjoying my little alphabet game thus far. I must admit, it's been kinda fun for me too. I'm impressed that I've been able to post everyday so far and anxious to see how much longer I'll keep THAT up!
Anyway, moving on to the next letter...
G is for gift card! I think gift cards of any kind make the most fantastic gifts. I give them to people a lot. Not because I'm too lazy or impersonable to buy something, but because I know how much I love to get them!
For Christmas I received 2 Ann Taylor Loft gift cards-one from my Nana and the other was left by Santa. If you're a faithful blog reader of mine, then you should know that ATL is my fave. I've been anxious to use the gift cards, but I wanted to wait for the spring arrivals. Well, yesterday my mom and I headed to Tuscaloosa for a day of shopping! Have you been there lately? They've always had decent shopping (including one of the most fabulous Super Targets I've ever been to!), but the shopping has gotten even better, my friends. In November, they opened an ATL store in a new shopping center, which also has some other really great stores. You can imagine my excitement when I realized that I didn't have to drive to Jackson or all the way to Birmingham just to go to ATL. It's fabulous.
Well, needless to say, I had lots of luck! I got some really cute spring items that I'm excited about wearing (it almost makes me excited about go to school tomorrow--weird!). It's been quite a while since I'd gotten new clothes, and it really is amazing how good a couple of new outfits can make you feel! I'm actually in the process now of getting together some more of my older clothes to take to Mint!
I also got a really cute purse from Target. It's rather large (aren't big purses stylish??) and I really like it. When JR saw it, he said (hopefully jokingly) "You can fit an entire person in that thing. Do not use it anytime when we're together." A little harsh I know. I mean, is he really going to make me choose between him and my cute purse? :)
Mom and I had a great day together. I always enjoy good hanging out time with her, and in my opinion, shopping is the best way to spend good quality time with someone!
I hope you have a fantastic week. This is my last full week of school before I head to San Antonio for 3 days for a conference! Woo hoo!!