Tuesday, February 5, 2008

B

B is for "Bad Weather," which is what I'm potentially facing tonight. No, this picture was not taken in my backyard. It is, indeed, another googled picture. Unlike my precious sister, bad weather has never really freaked me out. I'm cautious and do whatever I need to do to be safe, but I don't get all upset and lose control when it thunders.
Most of you probably know that I live in the same town as my parents. I don't live with them of course, but I live very close to them, which I LOVE. Who WOULDN'T want to be able to see their parents whenever they want? It's great. Well, my dad (a.k.a "Tommy T"), is quite the weatherman. He even possesses a weather alarm, which sounds if there's a raindrop 100 miles away. Growing up, my sisters and I knew that whenever there was even a chance of a bad storm, we'd head to the 1/2 bathroom with pillows and a flashlight. It was just understood. As I've gotten older, he's still good about keeping me aware of storms. I love my dad.
Well, I just got off the phone with him and he said there's a good chance of tornadic (is that a word?) weather after midnight, so he's "inviting" me (he's not going to "make" me--he knows I'm a big girl and I make my own decisions!) to come stay at home tonight. If he's going to sleep better with me being under the same roof with him, then I'm there. I mean, if it DOES get bad tonight, do you think I want to be here by myself? I think not.
SO, I'm off to spend some time with my parents. Hopefully my dad will sleep peacefully.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Trey and I laughed at the fact that daddy "invited" (yeah right!) you to spend the night!!! He is so funny.
Ironically, after moving away from the said weather man, I am no longer afraid. Strange, i know.

The Texas VicHorns said...

Love it. Your dad is the cutest.

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

jack, SB and I slept in the basement last night, although it was hard to do much sleeping with the sirens going off every hour. glad you made it through safely.