Thursday, February 14, 2008

K

K is for "Kids!"
Not my OWN, of course, but the 21 little 2nd graders I spend 8 hours with every day. Well, as you probably guessed, they were W.I.L.D. today. Do you remember when you were in 2nd grade? It was such a big deal to pass out valentines to all of your friends and eat all of your candy as fast as you can. They were so excited they could hardly stand it. I waited until the end of the day to have our party at school. I thought this through well--I sugar them up and send them home. Perfect for me, but their parents probably hate me for it! :)
Many of my students, being the sweet little angels they are ;), brought me ALL KINDS of sweets today (see bottom right picture in collage). The problem: I CAN'T EAT THEM! This Lent thing is so hard. I wouldn't even lick the icing off of my fingers after passing out their valentines cupcakes! I'm blaming my kids for this PURE TORTURE, but I'm proud to say I made it the whole day without caving. GO ME!

Top L: me and my friend Bambi

Top R: me and Heather

Bottom L: THE BEAUTIFUL BOUQUET OF TULIPS THAT A CERTAIN SOMEONE BROUGHT ME TODAY! Yep, he HAND DELIVERED them to me at school. Tulips are my favorite. He did so good!

Bottom R: see for yourself...these are all of the sweets that were given to me today. Wondering what's inside the cups and bags? More sweets. I could've consumed it all today if I had allowed myself!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you have included me in your circle of blog people!I feel so loved on this V-Day! You are such a great friend!

Tracy~ said...

the tulips are beautiful!!! They are my fav, too!!!

You are doing such a good job not eating sweets!

Claire said...

Oh my gosh...you've got to be exhausted by now. I'm tired of being a teacher. I love my students, but I'm tired. We didn't even do VDay parties at my school. Too dangerous. We already had to call the police on one of them--just imagine if cupcakes had been involved.

Like I said....tired.

Summer, hurry up.

The Texas VicHorns said...

JR is a good one. Glad you had a happy valentine's day.

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

so, i was just thinking, if you need someone to eat all that candy before it goes bad...SB and I are available.