Wednesday, June 6, 2007

warning: I am NOT a professional!

So, I've been working on a little "happy" to give Kristen. She works SO hard ALL of the time, and she often feels guilty about not having the time to do little things, like organizing picture albums with pictures of Henry, filling out baby books for him, etc. She's in her 2nd year of residency, so as you could imagine, most of her time is spent at the hospital. The little free time she does have is obviously spent playing with Henry. I, on the other hand, am enjoying my summer...no commitments, jobs, etc. (it's a fantasy life really), and I love having "projects" to do. I've also really wanted to get into scrapbooking, but I haven't really had anything to "scrapbook" about. I've always said that as soon as I get married, have kids, etc., I would start making them. Then it hit me. I have lots of free time, want to scrapbook, and my sister would LOVE to have a scrapbook of Henry. Bingo. So, I headed to Wal-Mart, Target, and Hobby Lobby, and loaded up on scrapbook supplies. Being a beginner, I was quite overwhelmed with all of the possibilities for scrapbooks. Wow. I was glad to have Candy there as a "guide." She's been working on a scrapbook for Landon, so she was kinda able to tell me what to buy to get me started. So I got to work, trying to include all of the important events of Henry's first 6 months of life. Of course you know how I am about taking pictures, so not having enough pictures was not an issue. Anyway, after working on it for hours and hours at a time this week (it's so fun and addictive!), I finally completed the scrapbook today, and I plan on giving it to her this weekend when Heather and I go and visit them this weekend (Kristen is not a blog reader-remember, her free time is limited-, so she won't find out about the scrapbook until she receives it Friday). I wanted to show off my first scrapbook ever (don't judge...hopefully my skills will improve over time), so I took pictures of each page, so you could see! :) It's hard to see every detail of each page, but you can at least get the idea. I'm actually quite proud of my first work of art. :) (if you place the cursor on each individual scrapbook page as it's "sliding," you can read the caption/title for each page). Let me know what you think! :)
note: the last page that says "I'm six months old today" really was taken June 1-six months to the day of his birthday! :)



I may now be obsessed with scrapbooking! :)

16 comments:

Morgan Tart said...

Awww you did so good! I guess I better get busy learning!

The Segrest Family said...

you go girl!!! im so impressed!!! she is going to LOVE IT! i bet she cries...

Anonymous said...

Laura! It looks so good! I'm so "glad" that you found a new "hobby" to pass the time in your "fantasy life." In no time, you'll be an "expert" scrapbooker and people will be paying you to "document" their lives.

The Manning Family said...

You were just putting us on about how you 'aren't a scrapbooker.' You did an awesome job!! Your sister is going to LOVE it. I bet she'll cry, too; I know I would!

Unknown said...

fabulouso. Very impressed! you think you are such the better sister...

you used qoutation marks on more words than neccesary, hence Claire's response.

Anisa said...

that is so wonderful! kristen will definitely cry when she sees it. you are such a good sister.

The Davidsons said...

That is so AWESOME! You are VERY talented. He is soooooo precious! It makes scrapbooking easy when you have such a handsome little guy! I would love to hear response, you are so thoughtful!

mary straton said...

good job, yaya. I especially like the font on some of the stickers (i bet you know which ones I am talking about).

Kris is going to love it!

Jason, Cathy, Claire, Grey, and Nate said...

Laura! I am so impressed! The scrapbook looks awesome and I know Kristen is going to love it!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed! Great Job! You may have found a hobby for life! She is going to love it! I might need some tips when my little man gets here. I would love to start but don't know where to begin buying the right supplies!

Anonymous said...

she will LOVE that, LT! you did an awesome job!

The Lively's said...

You are so sweet to do that for your sister. She will love it!!

The Robertsons said...

I am so jealous! It is precious. She is going to love it!You put my book to shame! Maybe I shouldn't have given you the idea.

Tricia said...

Kristen is going to LOVE it! LT you did such a good job! It's so professional looking!

Crystal and Billy said...

Looks like you have been doing this for years!! She will love it!!

Jenny said...

looks like you're a natural!!! i love it! can't wait to hear about kristen's reaction..my money is on her crying:)