Tuesday, June 5, 2007

2 fabulous flicks...

I rarely go to the movies. It's nearly $8 just to SEE a movie these days, and of course I can't watch a movie with out my $3.50 Diet Coke (even though I have been known to smuggle in a Diet Sam's a time or two...). I hardly ever have that kind of dough just lying around, so I usually just wait to watch the movie when it comes to rent ( I also like watching them in the luxury of my home in my pj pants as opposed to a theater where people talk, clap, etc. and the floors are sticky...no thanks...). Well, the other day when Claire was here, we hit up Movie Gallery b/c they were having a fantastic sale on DVD's: Buy 2, get 2 free. I'm trying to increase my DVD collection, and it's been quite sometime since I've actually bought a movie, so I thought, "why not?" So, I got 2 and Claire got 2, each of us only paying the price of one, (get it, Heather??). I must say, with my own good taste in movies and a little help from Claire, I made 2 very good choices. Allow me to make a couple of recommendations for you:

  • "For Your Consideration" - Any Christopher Guest fans out there? If you like "Waiting for Guffman"(my personal favorite), "Best in Show," or "Mighty Wind," then we should most definitely be friends. If you've never seen any of the above selections, then do yourself a favor and watch them. You can thank me later. Anyway, "For Your Consideration" was hilarious. Not as good as "Guffman," but definitely another one in which I'll be watching (and probably quoting soon) over and over again.

      • "The Holiday" - I'm a sucker for romantic comedies. 9 times out of 10, if it's a romantic comedy, I'm going to like it. I'm a female...what can I say?? :) Claire convinced me that I would like this one, so I went ahead and bought it. I watched it last night and LOOOOOVED it. Usually you associate romantic comedies with cheesiness, but surprisingly, this one wasn't all that cheesy. (Of course there were cheesy, slightly unrealistic scenes, but it definitely wasn't over-the-line-cheesy). I plan to take this with me to Heather's tomorrow and force her to watch it with me. Fabulous. (side note: Jude Law looks mighty good in this...even if you don't care for the movie, it's worth it just to watch him in it...).

      3 comments:

      Unknown said...

      now, why would have to go on and throw a rude comment about my math skills, or lack there-of?????

      :)

      yes, i get it!

      Anisa said...

      i LOVE the holiday! i saw it fairly recently and it is definitely one of my favorite movies now. it's what you want a movie to be - fun, romantic, laughter, tears. love it!

      Kelley and Laura McWhirter said...

      I LOVED the holiday too! Kelley and i rented it, and i usually don't like cameron diaz, but i thought she was good in this movie.
      we liked it so much we bought it.

      ps...if you go to the movies at 10am, it's only 4 bucks to get in! plus, since no one else goes at that time, you can wear you pajamas! it's a win-win!