Tuesday, June 5, 2007

good times, good food...

Last night I went to a cookout at my friend, Heather, and her husband Tom's house. It was a great hanging out time with her and a couple other "teacher friends" of ours (not to mention the fantastic hamburgers Tom grilled!!! mmmmm....). Heather and I have just become good friends over the past few months and she's just fabulous. I'm so glad to have another friend here!! :)



me and Heather

I baked cookies to take over there, and without tooting my own horn, I must say they were pretty yummy. :) (OK, so I didn't exactly have one last night, but I've had them numerous times before, and I was told last night that they were quite good...). I'm not very talented in the kitchen, but apparently these cookies are my specialty. I found a really good oatmeal cookie recipe from "Bully's Best Bites" and just added the chocolate/peanut butter swirl chips to it. Jot down this recipe so you can make them sometime (but be sure to call them LT's famous cookies...I need to get credit here! :) ).


Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup veg. shortening
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
2 1/4 cups oatmeal
1 bag chocolate chip/pb swirl chips (optional of course, but why would you want to leave them out?)
Directions:
1. Combine sugars and shortening.
2. Add eggs lightly beaten with vanilla.
3. Add flour, salt, and soda and mix well.
4. Stir in oatmeal and chips.
5. Spoon on cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 8-10 min. (I like to take mine out a little early, so they'll be nice and chewy. SO GOOD!).
Enjoy! :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

those cookies are pretty much my favorite. minus the chocolate, plus peanut butter chips.

The Segrest Family said...

i know heather! i worked her wedding with david legg!

LT (and Max) said...

heather and tom are fabulous. :)

Jenny said...

those cookies sound delicious...i will give you credit (but only if their good):)

love
jenny