Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Bean.

I saw a commercial today advertising an ab-workout product called "The Bean." Now, I've never used this odd-looking piece of equipment, so I'm not about to diss it or anybody who may actually own one of these. In fact, if I knew that it was a good investment, I wouldn't be opposed to owning one myself (it would be nice to one day see my abs again). I do, however, need to share something that has me extremely confused.
During the ad, the salesman says "It is so durable, it can hold up to 800 lbs!" (a pick up truck then proceeds to RUN OVER the bean...I mean, WHAT?!).
Here's why I'm concerned about the thought process behind this ad:
  • Why in the world is it necessary to see a pick up truck running over it? Is that going to persuade someone into purchasing it?
  • Why does it even need to hold 800 lbs?
  • If someONE actually weighs 800 lbs, I'm not so sure how the bean will actually help them.

I just don't get it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i am pushing 789 lbs. when I cross over to the 800 mark, I am getting the bean.

thereynolds said...

That's hilarious! I enjoy reading your blog. Keep up the good work. ;)

Unknown said...

Haha! I can say with much confidence that most people over 300 can not even sit up by themselves. Oh the joys of being a bariatric nurse.