Sunday, June 10, 2007

It's a good life.

So, I feel like I've been on a vacation for the past 5 days. I've been at Heather's since Wednesday night, and I just got home a few hours ago. It was fabulous. Trey has been out of town, so Heather needed me to babysit her while he was away. :) She had to work Thursday and Friday, so I was home all day with the pups, but do you think it bothered me? Absolutely not. Here's a tentative schedule of my daily activities while Heather was at work:
-sleep in until whenever (not much past 8:30 or so since there were a couple of out of control dogs in the house)

-drink coffee, eat breakfast, lay around

-go jogging

-shower

-watch a movie (Thursday I watched "Waiting for Guffman" for about the 164th time. If you've never seen it, please do yourself a favor and watch it. I can almost quote it from beginning to end and I hysterically laugh out loud every single time I watch it!)

-eat lunch with Heather

-drink a little diet coke

-take a snooze with the pups

-watch Dr. Phil and Oprah and start thinking about putting on REAL clothes and make up.
*please note that I am NOT a lazy person, so laying around like this is very unusual for me (but kinda nice for a change!).

By this time, it was about time for Heather to come home (tough life isn't it??). I did that all day Thursday and half a day on Friday. That afternoon I went to work with Heather and got to experience an afternoon in the exciting life of Heather Skaggs. She's important at work. She has an office and 2 computers. Not 1...TWO.


When Heather was NOT at work, here's a summary of what we did:

-shop

-bake cookies (and why would you assume we ate some of the cookie dough???) :)

-watch "The Holiday" (yes, it was my 2nd time, but she had never seen it, so I was happy to watch it again!)

-watch "The Devil Wears Prada"--I LOVED it! Meryl Streep is fantastic in that movie. I know, I know, I SHOULD have read the book first, but now that I've watched it, I'm definitely going to go back and read it.

-cook

-go out to eat (Mexican one night, Sushi another night...does it get any better???)

Saturday, we spent the day at Kristen's. I gave her the scrapbook that I'd been working on and she loved it! I'm wondering what I've gotten myself into though, because now she thinks that I need to make her a scrapbook for every HOLIDAY. Yes, I have a lot of free time now, but I'm not sure I'll ever have enough free time to make a scrapbook for every single event of his life! haha....I guess I'll do what I can though! :)
Henry changes so much everytime I see him. We think he's teething now, so he wasn't as happy as he normally is, but I did manage to capture some more adorable pictures of him as well as a little video of him trying hard to crawl (creep, scoot, whatever you want to call it!). I love watching his face while he's doing it. He's so determined and he gets really frustrated! (You can hear me, Kristen, and Heather talking and totally hovering over him in the video....poor Henry!!).



I love this one of him. He's on the floor and Kristen is sitting in a chair next to him. She was talking to me and Heather and this is Henry looking up at her while she's talking. SO CUTE!






Henry attempting to crawl... from Laura Tomlinson on Vimeo



Last but definitely NOT least: GO DAWGS!! World Series Bound!!!

3 comments:

mary straton said...

kell just made fun of us. he said we should just call each other instead of comment on posts.

whatever. what does he know?

Anonymous said...

i wanted the audience to feel ...the heat.

guffman is the greatest movie of our time.

Anisa said...

you are the best aunt! i knew she would love it. and go dawgs!