Sunday, September 30, 2007

Candy, football, and SUGARLAND!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANDY!!! In honor of the 27th birthday of a special friend of mine, I've made a list of only a few of the reasons why I love her so:
1. She understands my love of George Strait (I know you're all envious of the above picture).
2.She has a really cute baby.
3. She loves Target as much as I do.
4. She can’t make fun of my OCD tendencies, as hers are quite possibly worse. :)
5.She lets me invite myself to her house for days at a time.
6. She shares my love of mexican food.
7. She’s a member of the George Strait fan club (see #1), so we get really good seats when we go to his concerts.
8.She loves MSU and despises Ole Miss almost as much as I do.
9. She’s that friend that’ll be brutally honest with me.
Here’s an example of a typical conversation:
Me (really thinking that I’m wearing a fabulous outfit): "Candy, does this look ok?"
CHR: "I mean, the skirt’s cute and the shoes are cute, but are you sure you should wear them together? Oh, and the earrings are a little too big too."
Note: sometimes I take her advice while there are also times when I just ignore her. We understand each other that way.
10. I spent more time with her than anybody else in college and never got tired of her
11. She understands what "teacher tired" means.
12. She and her fabulous husband Chad have allowed me to tag along with them for years now.
Oh, how this list could go on and on... :)
Be sure to click on Candy's blog and wish her a happy birthday!
HAVE A GREAT BIRTHDAY FRIEND!!! I MISS YOU!

-Weekend sports news: MSU unfortunately pulled out an L yesterday. We didn’t play as well as we could, and in all honesty, I think we COULD have beat SC if we had been. We weren’t expected to win, so it wasn’t a complete embarrassment (at least we’ve won more than one game!). Also, Ole Miss lost again, so that put a smile on my face and made our loss seem a little more bearable. Oh, and did anybody watch the Auburn/Florida game? I’m definitely not a fan of either team, but last night I became quite the Auburn fan! They did pull through and beat the 4th ranked Gators, and since WE beat Auburn a few weeks ago, I think that makes US look even better. Go Tigers (did I really just say that?)!
-Other news: If you are a frequent blog reader of mine, you might remember me posting about Max thinking my cell phone was a toy. Since then, it’s been in pretty bad shape, I’ve continued using that cell phone because it still worked and I wasn’t thrilled about the thought of spending money to get a new phone. WELL, I’m now left without a choice in the matter. Somehow this morning, Max got my phone off of the coffee table and decided to have a yummy snack. I caught him before he was able to completely destroy it, but it is still the saddest looking thing I’ve ever seen. It miraculously still works fine, but I refuse to walk around with a phone that looks like this. The antenna won’t even go down (I know, I know, it’s time to invest with a phone that doesn’t have an antenna! That WILL be a requirement of my next phone!). Looks like I’ll be hitting up Cellular South immediately after work tomorrow. Thanks Max.
-And last, but definitely not least: I’M GOING TO SEE SUGARLAND!!! You may recall that I have a girl crush on Jennifer Nettles and now I get to see her in person! James surprised me with tickets (well, when I say that he "surprised" me with them, I actually mean that he told me a couple of weeks ago that it was going to be a surprise but he couldn’t keep a secret..haha. So, I guess it’s technically a "surprise that I already knew about."). He got our tickets yesterday, so it’s official now. We’re heading to the coast on November 11! Thanks JR! I CAN’T WAIT!
P.S. I’m obsessed with this weather. I want to stay outside all day. Get ready for October, Claire, HERE IT COMES!!
Have a great week! Until next time...

9 comments:

The Robertsons said...

Thanks LT! Love ya:)

mary straton said...

James is cool; Sugarland is not.

yaya my friend.

I don't really have a problem with Auburn. In fact, unless they're playing State, I root for them. Since they are not in my home state, it is allowed. Alabama on the other hand...BOOOOO. Plus, I really like how Tuberville screwed the Rebs.

Go Dawgs.

brad, amanda, and brody said...

I need that indestructable cell phone like yours'. I kill at least 2 a year somehow...

Unknown said...

i don't like GS or sugarland. whatev.
i do like candy, though, so it's cool.
i got a new cell phone today too. with text messaging...oh yeah. moving on up. Maybe by 2012 we can get cable.

The Lively's said...

I think we share a common LOVE for the Bulldogs and HATE for Ole Miss - I actually went to grad school at Ole Miss though and had to put up with it everyday....YUCK!

The Overstreets said...

Um.. I'm going to have to step up and admit that I share your love for Sugarland too LT! I'm totally jealous.

Adelia said...

I'm going to to that concert too. But I'm going more because of Little Big Town than Sugarland. And I was at the Georgia/Ole Miss game this weekend and saw Ole Miss get stomped up close and personal.

Anonymous said...

Though I don't share your love of George Strait, I appreciate your devotion. Do you remember that we went to Pure Country at the movie theater?
Also, please tell Mary Straton not to use such crude language!

Anonymous said...

one more thing: Tommy Tubberville lied on live TV on ESPN a few years ago when he said he had no intention of leaving Ole Miss for Auburn.