Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I'm posting this even though you're going to make fun of me...

Am I creative? NO. Artistic? Absolutely not. I'm unfortunately not artistically gifted like my sis. BUT, my friend, Heather and I decided that it was time that the teachers at our school had "fun" T-shirts to wear with our jeans on Fridays. So what did we do? We designed one, not knowing if anybody would really want to buy it or not. She came up with the saying on the shirt and she found some clip-art to use, so basically all that was left for me to do was the writing. That's all I can take credit for here.
Anyway, we chose 3 colors for the shirts and allowed the teachers to choose which one(s) they wanted. The options were pink (seen below), turquoise blue, and pistachio (also seen below even though in the picture, it looks more white than green. It really is a pretty color!). We ended up selling nearly 150 shirts and we got them today. I'm actually looking forward to wearing one of mine on Friday. I'm just wondering though...does this make me the "cool, fun" teacher that I desire to be or a really dorky teacher that I refuse to become? I'm not so sure.
Still, I think they're cute and I'm proud of our final product. :)
(the front of the shirt)

(the back of the shirt--again, this is a light green even though it looks like white!)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is SOOOO CUTE !!!!! I love it..

Unknown said...

NEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
they are cute though. You write so much better than me. I write like a two year old left-handed boy.

The Texas VicHorns said...

queen bee,

that was a cute idea. you will not be dorky until you start wearing the seasonal sweaters that teachers seem to love so much. just say no.

ps- i am going to be an aunt AGAIN in a matter of hours!!!!

Tracy~ said...

I love them!!!! Very cute! Not dorky at all.
Trace~

The Manning Family said...

You will definitely NOT be the dorky teacher! I love it! Too cute!

Anisa said...

LOVE IT!!!!! you are definitely a cool teacher. :)

Jason, Cathy, Claire, Grey, and Nate said...

I am so impressed! The shirts look awesome!!

Anonymous said...

they really do look good! but you know I still have to make fun of you...

deeefinitely a nerd. but I'm the one with the helping schools cartag.

we both go to bed at 9:30, too, so I'm just going to keep my mouth shut.

The Robertsons said...

I want that shirt for my school!

mary straton said...

i agree with mrs. vichorn - i think you're ok until you start sporting the Eagle's Eye sweater look.

i love a t-shirt.

Anonymous said...

you're the cool teacher. i think it's a great idea...no one else thought of it!! and the writing has a lot to do with being artistic!