Monday, September 3, 2007

So I went to the BEACH!

I spent Labor Day weekend in Ft. Walton Beach with James' family. Lucky for me, one of his sisters lives there! :) It was a perfect weekend. I took quite a few pictures, but unfortunately, my camera battery died towards the end of the trip (JR's response to this: "thank goodness"...I didn't really appreciate that). :)
Here are the highlights of the trip:
1. meeting the family! I met his parents, 2 sisters, and their husbands.

The girls

James' sisters, Laura and Mary Martha, and me.

The boys

Laura's husband Jeff, MM's husband Don, and James

2. playing American Idol on Playstation. (or maybe it was the wii...I don't know...it's all the same to me). Mary Martha was an expert at this game. I, however, was practically voted off by Simon and Randy. Bummer.Here we are looking like professional singers, right?
3. Fabulous Food. I gained approximately 8 pounds while I was there, but it was so worth it. Laura and Jeff are fantastic cooks and they treated us right! :) We also ate out at Anglers one night while we were there. I ate some of the best shrimp of my life.
Diet starts today.
4. Spending time at the beach! We didn't do much "laying out" at the beach, which is great in my book because that meant no bathing suit. Most of the time spent there was at night, which is my most favorite time to spend at the beach. We all went one night and MM's husband, Don, brought his guitar. So fun.

Jeff, Laura, James, and me at the beach one night.


5. Playing "Bolo" on the beach. Ever heard of it? Quite addictive I must say. We played boys vs. girls. No comment on the winner. :(

JR was so intense and slightly competitive at Bolo.

6. Playing Taboo with the family. Again, this was another highly competitive game which was also boys vs. girls. I'll be happy to discuss who won THAT game. :)

7. Much needed R & R. I was able to get A LOT of great sleep while I was there. It felt so good.

Needless to say, coming back yesterday and heading back to work today was not fun for me. One more day would have been so nice. However, it was great to be back to see my little Max, who stayed with my parents for the weekend. It was the longest amount of time that I've left him. He sure was glad to see his mommy! :)

Here are some more pictures taken from the weekend.


I hope you had a great Labor Day. At least it's a 4 day week right?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute, cute, and cute! i'm glad you had a great time! james seems like a nice guy and your already meeting the fam??? fabulous!

Anisa said...

yay!!! y'all look so cute. it sounds like a great time!

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

I'm so jealous! i can't wait to go back to the beach. glad you had a good time and glad you got plenty of rest. i'll be calling you to come babysit soon so i can get some sleep!

The Texas VicHorns said...

i MISS the beach. jealous of you.

glad you had fun. can't wait to hear about it.

Anonymous said...

OMG !! I taught Tennis to MM when she went to the W....and her husband's mom was Sylvain's secretary at MSU...Michelle, his mom, is Eileen's american grand- mother...We love them !!! Eileen adores her...she used to go to Sylvain's work just to sit with Michelle....
What a small world !!!!

Tracy~ said...

I'm jealous, too! I miss the beach - landlocked in Memphis! It looks like y'all had a fantastic time and that his family loved you :)
Trace~

Unknown said...

1) You think you are so presh

2) i want to go to the beach

3) Buy me that American Idol game.

4) First you must buy me the playstation

5) we missed you yesterday

6) i baked a killer strawberry birthday cake.

7) Henry likes me more than you.

Jason, Cathy, Claire, Grey, and Nate said...

How much fun! I love all the pictures and yall looked like you had the best time!!

mary straton said...

oh, please. you had 3 months of R&R this summer. don't get me started.

BTW, shrimp is good for you. I like the beach, but the swimsuits.

Unknown said...

Uhhh the beach! I'm so jealous. If we all could be so fortunate! :) I'm glad you got to go though...looks like much fun! ejw

The Benjamins said...

Such cute pictures! I wish we could go to the beach for the weekend!