Saturday, September 15, 2007

a sweet baby, a talented friend, ANOTHER VICTORY, and alligator calling(???)...

I got to see Sarah Beth Thursday! I had been dying to see this little angel face all week, so I was thrilled to get to see her. I was heading over there, with camera IN HAND (of course), and wouldn't you know my CAMERA BATTERY WAS DEAD! Good move Laura...seriously. I HAD to take pics of her while I was there so I could post them, so I got Em to snap some with her camera. Thanks for finding time in between feedings to email them to me Emily! :) SB was a week old Thursday and I she only weighed about 6.7 lbs...probably the smallest baby I've ever held and SO adorable. I walked into their den with SB in my arms. Jack (who can put a smile on your face ANYTIME of the day) was lounging on the couch, probably enjoying a little down town during SB's nap.
I say: "Wow, Jack, Sarah Beth looks JUST like you!"
Jack's immediate response: "Yes, I know. She really hit the 'Jackpot'!"
Thanks for throwing in a little humor Jack.
Anyway, it was great to see them. I'm looking forward to heading over there again soon. I love babies. Oh, one more thing....Mere, SB wanted me to tell you that she loves you and can't wait to meet you. I'm under the impression that you're her favorite aunt already, but don't tell.
Isn't she tiny? I wanted to take her with me.


Last night I had a date with Nana to see "Noises Off" at the Starkville Community Theater. My dear friend Mandy was one of the actors in the show and she was A*M*A*Z*I*N*G. She directs plays a lot and I had seen a few of the shows that she had directed, but this was the first time I've ever seen her act. I was HIGHLY impressed. I'm usually not much into theater, but this show was hilarious, and I would watch it again in a heartbeat! It was a great night spent with my sweet grandmother! :)


Ummmm....GO DAWGS!!!! That's all I have to say about that. Well, no, nevermind...I want to talk about it some more.
We beat Auburn (AT Auburn, which almost makes it better if you ask me). It's probably unhealthy that I allow MSU sports to determine my mood sometimes, but it's true. The combination of an MSU victory and the perfect weather we had today put me in the best mood. I sure am proud to be a bulldog!
Oh, and by the way, did anybody catch the Ole Miss game? You did? Oh...they lost? Sad. So that means MSU won AGAIN and Ole Miss lost AGAIN??!! That's too bad. :)

I leave you with one more highlight of my day. JR and I decided to take advantage of the cool weather and head on out to the Refuge for a picnic. Gotta love the Refuge at sunset...
Anyway, on our way out, he drove very slowly close to the water, in hopes of spotting an alligator. Lucky for him, there were about 3 fairly close to the bank. Now, you're probably wondering why in the world he sits there and looks for alligators and why he gets so excited when he sees one. Well my friends, JR knows how to make an "alligator call." That's right...an alligator call. He opens his mouth and out comes the most awkward sound you'll ever hear. The first time I heard this (it must have been after I'd only known him for a week or so!), I thought I was going to lose it. It was hilarious and a little scary at the same time! :) If you've never heard it before, you should either: a). google it, in hopes of maybe getting lucky enough to find a video of someone "alligator calling" or b). drive to Glen Allen, MS and find a good 'ol country boy to show you how to do it. I'm willing to bet that he'll be happy to do some calling for you. Here's a pic of JR intensely calling for the alligators (look closely enough and you'll see the little heads poking out of the water...it kinda freaks me out a little). Maybe next time I'll capture it on video and post it. :)
Sometimes it's the little things in life isn't it?

4 comments:

Tracy~ said...

SB is very cute and pink! You look like a natural with her.

Ummm... Ole Miss. I am so embarassed. Vandy is not a football school. No one loses to Vandy... until my team did. UGGH!

That sunset is beautiful. Watching the sun set is one of my favorite things. The colors God uses... just breathtaking!

JR and alligator calling... I little bit fascinating and scary.

This comment is probably way to long.

Trace~

The Texas VicHorns said...

Long comment #2:

1. Mary Beth was a formidable oppenent for the title of "best aunt". Her bi-polar mood swings eventually led to her demise. (which of course was the "worst day ever" for her).

2. After reading your alligator call story, I picture JR and Victor as bff. When we are in a fight, he constantly uses his elk call just to drive me insane.

3. I strongly dislike Tommy Tuberville.

4. "i'm usually not that into theatre"...??? Are you KIDDING me? How can you say that, Laura. Corky will be crushed. Red, White, and BLaine forever.

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

hooray for the bulldogs! also, i would very much like to hear JRs alligator call. you think he would teach it to me?

Anonymous said...

that's a really pretty picture, lt. i am going to google that by the way.