Sunday, September 9, 2007

3 very "blogworthy" events...

I know, I know...this is like my 12th blog post of the weekend but it's been one of those fantastic, lay around/catch up on sleep weekends, so I've had a lot of free time for blogging. :) As much as I love being busy and traveling a lot of weekends, it's nice to sometimes stay in town and do absolutely nothing.
Now, down to business...
There are 3 very important topics which need serious attention today:
1. GO DAWGS! My bulldogs defeated Tulane 38-17 last night in New Orleans. Gotta love a good victory! Oh yeah, and Ole Miss lost last night, so that makes my weekend even BETTER...those dang rebels.
2. CONGRATS TO JACK AND EMILY REDWOOD!! Little Sarah Beth arrived last Thursday. Emily is a dear friend of mine who also just happens to be my Mere's little sister. They live here, so I'm planning on visiting sweet SB this week! (I was actually going to wait until AFTER I saw her to post about this, but I decided it was time for her to make an appearance on my blog!). I just love this picture (stolen from Em's blog) of SB looking up at her mommy. So precious. Can't wait to see her!!!

3. Last, but DEFINITELY not least, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JENNY! My sweet friend Jenny turns 27 today! Jenny and I have known each other since 1999, when we both pledged the same sorority at MSU. We were instant friends and we've done a pretty good job of staying in touch with each other since we graduated in 2003. She's the queen-of-all-bloggers :) (don't we ALL strive to be just like her???), and I just love keeping up with her precious little family through her blog. Jenny is the kind of person that you fall in love with instantly. She's a loyal friend, a true example of a woman of Christ, and BY FAR one of the most organized people I've ever known!
Unfortunately, it's been way too long since I've seen her, so I have no recent pics of us to post, but here's one from her wedding day 4 years ago!
Have a great birthday Jenny! Love you!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

seriously!!!!!!!!!!! did i deserve all of that?!???! YOU, my friend are all of that and MORE.:) thank you so much for my shoutout...i can only say that i wish you lived close enough for us to hang out weekly. i miss you and hope to see you soon. THANKS AGAIN!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!

Tracy~ said...

I was not happy about the football outcome this weekend.
Trace~

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

Yay! come visit asap. she's getting cuter. any afternoon this week will work except today. her first doctor visit is this afternoon!

Unknown said...

i love that ole miss lost and we won. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. beauty.
love you

The Segrest Family said...

awwww sweet jenny.
love that picture - funny that i used to be skinny - and i thought i was fat =)

Lee, Leanne and Samuel said...

Laura...hey, i'm so glad you commented on our blog...it's so good to hear from you! that's crazy that you are dating laura love's little brother! she was a good friend of mine in pt school...i found her blog through yours too which was neat-o...i haven't talked to her in ages. are you in starkville? i think so, but i'm not sure. krisin's little boy henry is a doll! where do she live? and i see heather's blog on her too...i will have to go tell her hi as well (i did diamond girl with heather). anyway, i apologize for the lengthy comment, but i had a lot to say! keep in touch...i'll keep checking your blog. i don't know how to do links onto mine yet, i'm an inexperienced blogger :) talk to you soon! leanne (scruggs) howell

The Texas VicHorns said...

Two things I love about this post:

1. Being an aunt
2. Being a bulldog.

I miss you.