Wednesday, September 19, 2007

what a GREAT idea!

Last weekend I finally cleaned out my closets. It's something I've been saying I was going to do for a while, but I always found something else that I would RATHER be doing. :) (Imagine that).
I'm one that enjoys cleaning and organizing anything (a little OCD perhaps??), so it's a great feeling to now have a really organized closet that's free of clothes that I would just look at everyday knowing that I would never wear them again. Of course now I have somewhat of a bare closet...I guess that means that I better plan a good shopping trip soon!
What did I do with these clothes once I got them out of my closet? Glad you asked. :)
I took them to "Mint", a new consignment boutique in town owned by Emily Stringer. MSKS blogged about it recently and I had heard other people talking about it, so I definitely needed to check it out. I took my load of clothes yesterday and did a little shopping there too. There's a little of everything in this cute store-clothes of all kinds, jewelry, shoes, purses, etc.
I am looking forward to this because: a. if she's able to sell my old clothes for me, I'll make a small percentage of the money while helping out her business a little too! b. I was able to get rid of the clothes that somebody else will hopefully want. c. This town needed a consignment boutique like this one--cute stuff at a really inexpensive price. I'll definitely be stopping by often.
I walked out of there yesterday with a great purse that looks unused and I got for SUCH a good price. As Heather would say, "I will look totally unstoppable" when I use it. :)
Anyway, you should definitely check this out the next time you're in town. And if you've got clothes that you're wanting to get rid of, take them to Emily!

4 comments:

The Stringers said...

It was great seeing you and I can't wait to make YOU some money on all the great things you brought in! Please come back soon and thanks for the great advertising!!!

Unknown said...

i am cleaning out my closet tonight. I can't wait.

Do you think she will take my 2-piece prom dress? Sike.

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

where is this wonderful place? i must go there.

Anisa said...

i will have to go to mint sometime and check it out!

and thank you for being so proud of my big step today. i am ok. i am not freaked out...yet. j/k...i feel like a real grown-up now. :)

and did heather just use the word "psyche" (or as she prefers - sike) in her comment. pretty sure she did. :) love it.