Wednesday, September 26, 2007

randomness on a Wednesday...

Does anybody else feel like today should be AT LEAST Thursday? I've been a little 'under the weather' this week, so I guess it's made the week seem longer. Everytime the weather goes back and forth from hot to cold to rainy to warm, etc. etc., I get like this--sore throat, drainage. You know how it goes. No worries, though, as I am feeling much better today. Thanks for any concerns. :)

A few items that need some attention today:
*I play Bunko one Thursday a month with some teacher friends of mine. This is very fun for me. It's a great way to hang out with some teachers SOCIALLY instead of being at school and talking about school things. PROBLEM: There's a particular reason why I must be in front of my television every Thursday at 8:00 (and don't say "that's what TIVO is for!"...you're forgetting that I'm just a po' teacher! MAYBE ONE DAY!). Two words: THE OFFICE. The season premiere is tomorrow night and I'm PUMPED about it. But if we play Bunko from 6 until at least 8, there's no way I can make it in time. SOLUTION: I emailed all of my Bunko friends and asked if we could bump up our starting time by half an hour. My proposition: we play from 5:30-7:30 rather than 6-8. I'm a genius. Even though some my friends accused me of being bossy :), they all agreed that it would be better for them too. Problem solved. Done and done. Speaking of season premieres, Desperate Housewives premieres Sunday night. I'm attempting NOT to watch it this season. In the past it's been one of my 3 shows, but by the end of last season, as intriguing as it was, it had almost become too much to handle. The question is: am I doing the right thing by NOT watching it or will I regret it? What do you think?
Sidenote: JR doesn't think The Office is funny AT ALL. Any suggestions on how to help such a lost soul? I feel sorry for him really. :)

*PROBLEM: Several students in my class like to tattle. I can't stand tattle-telling. It had gotten so bad that some of my students would actually come up to me and say things like "Miss T., yesterday she touched my arm while we were walking to get in line." I mean, come on. Seriously? SOLUTION: A tattle tell journal! Yep...I now have a tattle tell journal which stays open on the counter all day/everyday. Now, whenever one of those angels comes to me with "that" look, I point to the journal. I told them that when they write in it,they must write neatly and in complete sentences. Do you think they actually want to take the time to WRITE when they don't have to? Nope. The journal has remained empty all day and the tattling has decreased. I'm anxious to see if this will stop such nonsense.

*Last but not least, I'm meeting Katey and Camp for TCBY this afternoon. It's been too long since I saw those 2 and I'm pumped about it. :) As soon as we teach Camp how to take pictures, I'll finally be able to post one of me and Katey together!

11 comments:

Katie Walden said...

I completely agree about Desperate Housewives. I can't stand to watch it anymore. It's gotten so ridiculous!

The Texas VicHorns said...

I feel your pain. Vic is NOT a fan of the Office. Major flaw, but I have decided to stick it out. So far, so good.

Unknown said...

he also eats steaks from the shoney's buffet. think about it.

ps - tattle journal???? you are such a 2nd grade teacher.

remember that kid in your class that i didn't like. I wouldn't let him beat me at the math game. ha!

Unknown said...

PS - thank goodness you linked the word Bunko each time it appeared in the post.

LT (and Max) said...

hts...i didn't want anybody to think it was the name of a gang or something.

mary straton said...

and who really thinks that Bunko is the name of a gang? EAST SIDE, YO!

love the tattle-tale journal idea. you'll have to share with Mrs. K.

I got 2/3 of your and Claire's Christmas gifts yesterday.

Anisa said...

the tattle journal is genius!!

Tracy~ said...

I think I may borrow the tattle tale journal for my own kids who act more like 2nd graders than teenagers right now.

I can not wait to watch the Office tonight!

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

woah, nice thinking about the tattle journal. you could totally market that.

ps i think you should dump jr immediately. if he's not an office fan, just think of what other major flaws he must have. i would seriously consider this.

Sarah Mae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Mae said...

I love the tattle journal Miss T.

Poor JR, no laughs even for Diversity Day?