Thursday, July 26, 2007

well, well, well...look who FINALLY caved...

YESSSS. Another blogger. :) Heather and I have been trying to convince my cousin Adelia to get a blog for quite sometime now. Either she got tired of our nagging or just decided to start a blog because she WANTED to. For whatever reason, I'm glad she's finally here. :) This girl and I are only a few months apart and I swear I'm more like her than I am my own sisters (have you MET Heather??? If we didn't look so much a like, I would be positive we weren't related :) ). Needless to say, Adelia and I are very close.
I came across this picture recently and thought it would only be perfect for me to post right now. Look at these adorable sundresses. Isn't my mom talented? :) There's nothing she can't do. Seriously.
Not too long ago, we came across these cute outfits in an old trunk at my parents' house. I was so excited (in fact, the thought that went through my head at the time was "oh goody! If I have a daughter one day and decide to name her Laura, she can wear my old dress! HOW SPECIAL!"). I pulled out the one that said "Kristen"...next came "Heather"...but you know what? There was no "Laura". Nope. Apparently sometime between about 1987-2006, my mom actually gave away MY dress to someone who had a daughter named Laura. She didn't give away Kristen's or Heather's...just mine (I have such middle-child-syndrome-issues). I told mom that she needs to track down this lady and get my dress back, but she thinks that's a little ridiculous. I'm still not over it. It's a big deal and I want my dress back.
OK, Sorry, I got off subject a little...
In case you can't read the names on the dresses, this is a picture of (L-R) Heather, me, Adelia, and Kristen. If I had to guess, Heather is probably eyeing some sort of snack (she loved to eat back then), Kristen was about to give us another order (she was and STILL IS, quite a boss!), and Adelia and I were just standing there trying to please everyone else (we always did what Kristen told us to do).
Some things never change.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will you ever forgive me for that one, Laura? I really thought she would give the dress back after her little girl outgrew it! How was I supposed to know they would move away????? I'll make you another dress if you have a little girl named Laura, I promise! Mom

Unknown said...

laura - "she liked to eat back then".
thanks. You are probably right. I was eying a treat. Kristen just screams bossy brat in that picture. You and D are just innocent, I am sure.

mary straton said...

glad another gal entered the nerdery that is blogging.

at least your name always fit on things like dresses, ACT forms, etc.

Twins' surgery went fine. Olive is very pitiful and in a lot of pain. I feel awful for her. Charlie is no different. Just a little lighter, of course.

I send you emails all the time from my mississippi.org account. Claire gets them and always replies. nice try. ;)

Anonymous said...

You are your family crack me up! I love reading your posts and tonight I clicked on your sister's blog as well! I thought it was hilarious how ya'll wrote basically the same thing just in different words (about your cousin's blog) Ya'll remind me of my family!
I also saw that you got a gift card to Brickerton Day Spa from one of your students! I live in Columbus! How funny is that? Have a great day! Erika
erikaballison@yahoo.com
www.isabellalandry.wordpress.com