Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The flying squirrel...

One of my parents' favorite things to do every morning is sit at the breakfast table, look out the window, and watch the lovely birds happily feeding on the food left for them by my dad. My dad is serious about bird food, and always make sure there's plenty for all of the birds. (He's such a giver! :) ). However, there are certain creatures that my parents do NOT enjoy seeing in the bird feeders...squirrels. At any given time, there may be up 10 squirrels in our back yard at a time, so keeping them away from the bird feeders is nearly impossible.

NO FEAR. My parents DEFINITELY found a bird feeder that I'm convinced was made especially for them. When a squirrel gets on the feeder, it gets spun around until it actually falls off. Yep. Don't believe me? Just wait.

Now, instead of my dad watching the birds enjoy the feeder, he waits impatiently for a squirrel to attempt to get some food. He'll do this for hours at a time...seriously. Yes, my parents are easily entertained, but I must say, it's quite funny.

So, I was at my parents' house this morning baking brownies. I looked out the window and noticed that there were numerous squirrels intensely thinking about stealing some of the bird food. I quickly grabbed my camera and walked to the window in hopes of capturing a squirrel in action on video. BINGO.
Take a look at this. It's hilarious. :)
*Note: this bird feeder in no way harms the squirrels...I've yet to see a squirrel walk away with a limp. :)

6 comments:

Regina said...

That is hilarious! I really needed that life! My girls came running downstairs to see what was so funny! :) My parents would totally LOVE that birdfeeder! Seriously, can you tell me where they got it!?!?!

Regina said...

Ok, it has been a long day, so ready for a day off tomorrow..... I meant I really needed that LAUGH...Since I am so fascinated by the flying squirrel on birdfeeder, I guess I needed a new LIFE too! :)

The Robertsons said...

Oh no! What is one of those squirrels is Peanut? He did escape in Starkvegas!

brad, amanda, and brody said...

hilarious...made me laugh and I'm sitting here by myself.
Whoever thought that one up is GENIOUS!

Anonymous said...

my parents want one of those feeders. i got a kick out of this video. thanks for the laugh!

The Manning Family said...

That is too funny! Thanks for catching that on video for all of us! What a hoot!

And, thanks for the puppy advice. Putting Bella on her leash everyday seems like a very good idea, even if we just end up sitting in the yard for a while. She'll at least get used to the idea, hopefully! Thanks again! I will take all of your advice to heart!