Wednesday, July 11, 2007

2 babies, a rainbow, and the best mullet I've ever seen!

I'm back.
I feel like I've been gone forever. I'm sure my daily blogging has been missed by all. :)
Although I should separate this into several posts, I've decided to make it one great big juicy post.
Get excited.
I began my week long excursion in the great town of Collinsville, where I spent the 4th with my mom's side of the family.
Here's my favorite story from that day: You know how those family gatherings go...everyone is in charge of bringing something (salad, dessert, rolls, drinks, etc...). Well, my precious sister Heather found a recipe for a dessert called "blueberry delight." If I'm not mistaken, I think it's similar to a blueberry cheesecake (or supposed to be similar to one anyway). Anyway, that poor little darling apparently ran out of some extremely crucial ingredients. Instead of running to the store (which, I might add, is so close to her house I could throw a rock at it), or borrowing some of whatever she may have needed from the sweet lady next door, Heather decides to improvise. Yep. She just reached in the pantry and used whatever she thought would maybe work. (It reminded of the time not so long ago when she was making spaghetti for her hubby and didn't have any spaghetti sauce, tomato paste, etc., so she used a can of rotel instead. mmmmmmm.....) Anyway, she just used whatever she had for the pie. That was the 1st mistake. Her 2nd mistake was announcing to the family what she had done and explaining to us that it was probably going to be a "flop." She then proceeds to beg everyone to just take one bite of it.
Now, I have SUCH a sweet tooth...it's usually not difficult at all to please my taste buds. However, after hearing Heather's story and then actually taking a look at that thing (which we later named "the blueberry surprise"), I was terrified. Needless to say, I did not have a dessert including blueberries. Sorry Heather.
(Despite the story you just read, I DO want to say that Heather REALLY IS a good cook. It's just so easy to give her a hard time! I have had several items prepared by her that have been fabulous. Everybody messes up sometimes, right? :) I, for one, can honestly say that I've screwed up jello, ramen noodles, AND rice krispie treats. Those are all true stories).
me and my cousin Adelia. She and I act so much alike sometimes it's scary. :)


me and my sweet cousin Amberlee

After leaving Collinsville, I followed Kris and Rob to Clinton, where I spent the next 4 days. Hanging out with Henry incessantly for that long NEVER gets old. I love everything about that little guy. It was great having a few days with all 3 of them. I crave a little Kristen-time when it's been a while since we've hung out, so the time I spent there was perfect.

I miss him already and I'm hoping to see him again before my summer is over. (tear) Are you surprised that I have more pictures of Henry to post?? :)



This is the adorable outfit he just got from Gymboree. Henry loves wearing hats. :)




This is him at my aunt's house in Collinsville.


On Sunday, I got on I-55 and headed North to Hernando to see the Robertsons. The visit started out even better than I could have imagined. Sunday night when I got there, Chad, Candy, and I went out to eat. We're sitting in our booth, engaged in some intellectually stimulating conversation I'm sure, when I look up and almost choke on my chip. Approximately 15 feet away, stood one of the most amazing kid mullets I've ever seen. Now, if you know me well, you know how I LIVE to see good mullets (check out this site if you've got a few minutes...totally worth your time). I have captured 3 mullets with my camera on different occasions and I'm proud of each one of those photos. (Note for all mullet hunters out there: if you're looking for a good mullet, may I recommend going to any Wal Mart in south Alabama. Meredith and I thought we had hit a mullet gold mine when we went to one of those.) Sunday night, I was able to add yet another picture to my collection. I must say, however, that I was a little disappointed that it wasn't a family of mullets. I would have bet money that the mom would have walked in with a femullet, but that unfortunately wasn't the case this time. Anyway, I saw the mullet, and KNEW I had to take a picture of it, but how in the world could I do it without getting caught? This is when Chad became a part of "the plan." I had the camera on and ready, just waiting for the mullet to stand up and walk towards me. Finally after what seemed like an eternity, up walks the mullet, and as he starts walking, I pretend as though I'm taking a picture of Chad, and snap! I successfully got not 1 but 2 incredible shots of the mullet. I would totally love to share these gems with you, but I just can't do it...it's too risky (I know, I'm a chicken!!). Take my word for it though, it's INCREDIBLE.

I had a great time in Hernando. It rained a whole lot, but it was fabulous to just be there and really have no set plans (not to mention the fact that I had a lot of playing time with my little buddy, Landon, who I might add, is crawling and EVERYWHERE!!! Love that kid). After one of the major thunderstorms, I was able to take a picture of the rainbow that appeared. I'm like a little girl. I get super excited to see one of these. It is a little hard to see it in the picture, but look closely! So pretty.

Here are a few pictures from my trip. Look at the adorable smile on that child! He has 2 bottom teeth and he's getting 4 on top. He loves his "Aunt Laura!" :)

Glad to be back in blogging world! I hope you are having a fantastic week! :)

12 comments:

Tracy~ said...

It sounds like a great time was had by all...
I'm dying to see the mullets, can you photoshop a family member's face in so we can see?!
Trace~

The Robertsons said...

Come back! We miss you!

Kelley and Laura McWhirter said...

SHOW ME THE MULLET!!!!

Unknown said...

HAHAHA. You WOULD put my pie on the blog.

I will be happy to photoshop my face into the mullet laura, just email it to me. Your fans are asking, and I must say it will be worth it.

GLAD YOU'RE BACK!

Katie said...

Glad you are back... Your trip makes me jealous. There is NOTHING in the world better than hanging out with family and great friends.

The Davidsons said...

YAY! I am so glad you are back in the blogging world. I missed your daily blogs. Your trip sounds wonderful!

The Davidsons said...

My blogger skills are still on the rocks....where is everyone getting these fantastic background colors. Do I need to download something? I only get the plain jane background colors..you know the ones that probably originated with blogger. If it were not for your blogging skills, I would be lost! Thanks for your help.

mary straton said...

i missed your blog, yaya.

I wore the necklace you gave me for my birthday yesterday. got lots of compliments. :)

Anonymous said...

yesssssssss. you're back! can't wait to see you in 2 weeks.

heather, can you photoshop laura's face into the mullet photo?

Unknown said...

We are more alike than I ever knew! I was at a wedding recently and had Luke's sister "pose" so I could get a picture of someone I was making fun of. (I know I just ended a sentence in a preposition, but how else could I end that one?)
Anyway, I am glad we all got to enjoy the mullet...I have several pics I will have to send you!
love~

Jenny said...

hey!! glad you're back, but soooo soooo sooo sad that you didn't get to come by and see us afterall. but i understand (i guess).:) did i mention how completely bummed out i am that we didn't see you?

there's always next time!!!! PLEASE come the next time you're this way. and that mullet is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love you

Jason, Cathy, Claire, Grey, and Nate said...

I LOVE the mullet! Your family is so precious and I love reading your blog!! Miss you tons!! Hope to see your sweet face soon!