Thursday, July 12, 2007

a little pampering never hurt anybody...

I spent my morning being pampered. I've been so stressed out with work this summer, and I just needed a break. (Well, OK, that's not entirely true!! Oh, the joy of being a teacher!!). One of my students gave me a gift card to Brickerton Day Spa in Columbus. It is quite possibly the best teacher gift I've ever received (well, I guess it ties with the mexican gift certificate that I also got!). If you live in the area and you've never been there, I HIGHLY recommend that you splurge one day and make an appointment. It's totally worth it. If I could afford it, I would have weekly manicures and pedicures and at least monthly massages.
I couldn't decide how to spend the gift card (manicure, pedicure, massage, etc). My feet weren't in the best condition AND the gift card paid for an entire paraffin wax pedicure, so that's what I decided to get.
Excellent decision.
It was the most relaxing hour I've had in quite sometime and my toes look fabulous.

Note to parents: if you're looking for a great way to say thanks to your child's teacher, allow me to recommend GIFT CARDS! Even a $10 Wal-Mart gift card is greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

brat

mary straton said...

i guess you think you're cool now that you've spent your summer off getting pedicures.