Thursday, July 19, 2007

it's almost that time again...

It's almost the end of July...know what that means? Yep, school's just around the corner. I know what you're thinking, "Oh, you still probably have at least a month of summer left right?" Think again. I have to be back at school on AUGUST 3! Maybe it's just me, but I feel like summers get shorter and shorter. Ugh.
I decided to head on over to Old Navy this afternoon to get some necessary (but not really too exciting) articles of clothing that are essential to the beginning of the school year. It's going to be unbearably hot for at least the first 6 weeks of school so I've got to dress cool and comfortably for those fun times I'm going to spend on the playground.
Anyway, Old Navy is very "teacher-budget-friendly," so I usually go a little nuts when I go there. I got several things (a few skirts, little tees, etc.) without spending a fortune. If you haven't been in a while, you should go...they had a lot of really cute things and lots of sales going on.
I must also mention their new styles of jeans (I think they're new anyway)...The Diva, The Flirt, The Goddess, and The Sweetheart. Now, I HATE JEANS. Despise them. In fact, I haven't found a pair of jeans that I really liked in at least 2 years...maybe 3. No lie. Unfortunately, those fabulous Seven ($$$) jeans no longer fit me AND they're way too expensive for me to buy another pair. (Note: I still have those jeans folder nicely on the shelf in my closet in hopes that maybe one day, I'll be able to squeeze myself back into them...highly unlikely though). Whenever I see jeans in stores, I usually just avoid them because trying them on generally puts me in a foul mood.
I decided to try some on today though. They're only $29.50, and I desperately need a good pair of jeans. Why not at least TRY them right? Well, guess what...they fit, they're cute, and I didn't HATE the way I looked in them (I opted for "The Sweetheart" style)! Woo hoo! I was pretty excited about it. SO, if you need a good pair of jeans, but don't have $150 extra dollars to spend, check these out. It's worth a shot anyway. :)

13 comments:

Brennan and Maureen said...

Hey LT! I feel your pain about going back to school so early. I spent several hours in my new classroom today. Teachers go back July 31st and school starts August 3rd! Yikes! Congrats on finding a new pair of jeans. :)

The Robertsons said...

The shoes really may not be so bad. I haven't officially decided. I don't want to start school!! Too soon!!

The Robertsons said...

Landon wanted to leave you a message:

;
Rjkh mbgih;;, , muyyf.

He also said he loves you and to come back real soon!

Unknown said...

i don't feel sorry for you. nope not one bit. you got a summer. so when the day comes for you to go back and shape some more little minds, do not cry to me!

glad you found jeans!

mary straton said...

Glad you are back.

I love Old Navy, too, as you know. I also purchased the Sweetheart jeans. When you are ready to splurge, I recommend Delta Blues, too.

mary straton said...

the twins are out of control. I have no idea what it is going to take to calm them down.

Anonymous said...

yay, I need to go there. I need jeans and I'm broke. The flirt jeans look pretty cute.

um, I'm scared to go back to school. those 8th graders are going to beat me to a bloody pulp.

Anonymous said...

well school starts the 27th for Eileen !! She is looking forward to it...Yesterday she out last year class picture up on the fridge...she misses Starkville !!
We are having a great time here...it is such a wonderful city....but people are definitly not as nice as y'all in the south...it is hard to meet people!!
We miss y'a !
Sophie

Anonymous said...

of course the 27th of August !!!

Anonymous said...

which is her Birthday !!

Anonymous said...

okay, I stop...promise !! :):)

Anonymous said...

I had lots of comments about the class picture....people here cannot believe how " colorful" all her classmates are !!!

mary straton said...

ya, me again. i just talked to Michael Black; he is going to eat with Joel Oakley tonight and asked me if there was anything I wanted him to tell JO. I promptly asked him to inquire of JO if he remembered the two of us beating him in the spelling bee.