Tuesday, November 27, 2007

ready or not...here it comes!

I can't believe it's almost that time again! Oh how I love Christmas.
I love everything about it...the music, the food, the cards, the decorations, the weather, the family time, GETTING 2 WEEKS OFF OF WORK....I could go on and on about it.
I'm sure it's no surprise to most of you that I'm ready for the fun to begin:
Christmas shopping complete: check
Gift wrapping complete: check
Christmas cards addressed, stamped, and ready to be mailed: check
Christmas decorations in place: check
Here are some pictures of my little place all decorated:

I love the way this picture looks!

my quaint little tree (notice Max's adorable stocking in the top corner!)

My table stays set year round. The pieces, placemats, napkins, etc. change according to the season/holiday. Here is my Christmas setting. Oh, and your eyes are not misleading you...I have name place holders and I felt compelled to place names in them (you know...since I have so many dinner parties at my house...haha). Isn't that what these little name holders are for? Anyway, the 4 names that are placed around my table are: Holly, Joy, Noel, and Merry. That's right. Holly. Joy. Noel. Merry.

Heather, Candy, and Kristen have already made fun of me for this, and I'm totally prepared to hear from this friend, this friend, and this friend regarding this particular decor. Hey....I was debating on using names of the characters from "The Office," but aren't my 'Christmasy' names more appropriate? :)

I'm not really sure why I thought you'd want to see a picture of my lovely up-to-date oven. I do like my new and *inexpensive* little "Jingle Bells" sign though!

....and a couple of views from outside...

Is anybody else ready to watch "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" and eat puppy chow?

12 comments:

The Overstreets said...

I'm needing some LT in my life!

Come visit one afternoon!

brad, amanda, and brody said...

All your stuff is SO cute! I'm impressed. Christmas makes me so happy!

ABL said...

Laura, we've never met, but I graduated from high school with your cousin Adelia. We were also on the softball team together. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy reading your blog. You have such a great sense of humor and good ideas. I also love your Christmas decorations! I just thought I'd dop you a note to let you know how much I enjoy your blog.

Ashley Belvin Leonard

Unknown said...

You make me sick.

This is presh. Even though the said table arrangement kills me.

Where the crap does Noel eat? Out the window?

I give it a 9 out of 10.

Marty said...

So cute! I think your table is darling, and I also love the Jingle Bells sign. Where did you get it??

Crystal and Billy said...

I love Christmas too... We are decorating this weekend! I can't wait. Merry X-Mas!!

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

nice. my decor consists of a mat at the front door and a red candle on the coffee table. it's subtle, i know, but it's all i've had time for thus far.

hopefully this year we will get a tree before the 24th.

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Texas VicHorns said...

So cute. I am impressed.

I would like to come over for mint hot chocolate and sit at the "merry" place setting.

Tracy~ said...

I LOVE it! You are really talented! Better than Martha S.

mary straton said...

i don't even really know what to say about your table setting. I did notice that 2 of the names appear in the Tomlinson family tree.

I freaking love puppy chow. it brings back memories of childhood Christmases spent on Little John Lane.

Adelia said...

I seriously think you are turning into Aunt Lita! I love Christmas too though. Very cute decorations.