Friday, December 7, 2007

random thoughts on a Friday...

It's Friday, and I'm feeling like I do on most Fridays-tired, but REALLY happy that the weekend is here. I'm spending my evening alone, and I'm actually enjoying myself. I just got finished cleaning my house, which always makes me happy. I lit some Christmas candles and fixed some spaghetti (yes, I cooked for one person), and now I'm watching "Elf" on TV while thinking about taking a nice bubble bath shortly. I'm not sure life gets any better than this.
Tomorrow I'm heading to Clinton for Henry's birthday party (his 1st bday was Dec. 1). Kristen and Rob decided just to have a small get together with immediate family and a few of Kristen's Jackson friends (and their babies :) ). Heather will be there, of course, so it'll be fun just spending the day with the fam. I plan on heading back tomorrow afternoon at some point. I can't wait.
Totally changing the subject-I've really been wanting to try the "Holiday Mint Blast" from Sonic. Has anybody had one of these? Everytime JR and I drive by Sonic and see the sign advertising them, I always talk about how much I want one, but I always talk myself out of getting it. They look so yummy though, so I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and get one. It's the holidays right?
I mentioned recently how my will power has been shot lately. Well, as the weather is getting colder outside, and it's getting dark sooner, I'm becoming less and less motivated to exercise, which is NOT good. Sometimes I'll justify eating something not-so-healthy by saying that I can just 'run extra' (sometimes this works and sometimes not so much, but it's a good thought anyway...). The problem is, I've been unmotivated this entire week to do any type of physical activity-whether it's running outside or going to the gym. I seem to be finding something else I'd rather be doing. WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT TO BE 'GOOD' THIS TIME OF THE YEAR??Oh well. Maybe I'll get back in the swing of things Jan. 1.
And changing the subject yet again...I haven't been to the movies lately. Seriously. I don't remember the last time I went to the movies. This is for several reasons: 1. JR is not a movie watcher, so when we're together, we usually don't opt for going to the movies 2. It's not everyday that I have 8 extra dollars lying around to spend on a movie (and then, of course, you have to add about 6 more dollars for the Diet Coke and Hot Tamales that I consider a MUST while at the movies). 3. There hasn't been a single movie lately that I've been dying to see. The thing is, I've really kinda in the mood to go to a movie, though, so I need some recommendations. Know of any good movies worth seeing? Suggestions welcome. :)
That's all for me. I'm tired of thinking today. I'm either about to go to Sonic or to take a bubble bath. I haven't decided yet.
I leave you with this precious invite I got in the mail last week. :)


TGIF!

4 comments:

Marty said...

You and I share the same philosophy about clean houses! And bubble baths!

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

LT (and Max) said...

thanks for your comment, crescenet (????), i always appreciate "junk" comments, especially when they're in ANOTHER LANGUAGE!

Tracy~ said...

I hope the party was a smash! That little boy is precious!!!
There are two movies that I want to see. 1st is Enchanted - heard it was super cute and the 2nd is P.S. I love you - with Hillary Swank. I'm not sure if it's out yet... I just picked up the book and the premise sounds really good. A definite chick flick.