Sunday, December 16, 2007

a wedding, some Heather time, and a visit with Santa!

JR was in a wedding this weekend in Hattiesburg (how convenient for me!). So, we left Friday afternoon and stayed the weekend with Heather and Trey. The wedding was beautiful, JR was the best looking groomsman of course =), and we had a great time hanging out with H and T.Wondering why Heather is looking so annoyed in this pic? Just ask her how she feels about her husband wearing a camo hat in public places. Oh how I love the fact that Heather married a hunter!

Oh yeah, one more thing...

Santa was at Petsmart Saturday, so Heather and I headed up there with our pups to have their pictures taken! Now, Max is normally extremely attached to me. If someone is holding him and I'm in the room, he starts crying to get to me. It's true. He's very sensitive and loves his mommy. Who can blame him right?
Anyway, he did great for Santa. Isn't the picture adorable? It came in this adorable frame and everything! Not only that, but $5 of the $10 that it cost went towards homeless animals, so I felt like I was doing something good.
This is my last week of school before the holidays. YESSSS!!! If you're a teacher, then you understand that the week before Christmas is all about SURVIVAL. It's tough. The kids will walk in the door tomorrow morning jumping off the walls and acting like they've never set foot in a school before. They do not want to be there (and in all honesty, I'm not too thrilled about being there this week either!). So, I've got a lot of fun Christmas crafts that we're going to do ALL WEEK. They have half a day on Friday (I'm letting them wear their PJ's! AM I CRAZY???) and that morning, I'll basically have a few Christmas goodies for them, pop a Christmas movie in, and send them on their way! I plan on leaving straight from school and heading to get a massage. Hurry up Friday.
Please pray for my sanity this week!

12 comments:

The Texas VicHorns said...

HEY!!! You forgot to mention that you were going to hang out with me this week. yesssssss.

You look hot(t) in photos from the wedding. unstoppable.

see you SOON.

Unknown said...

santa is stupid. Such a waste of my time.
-Sophie

Unknown said...

Please ignore Sophie's previous comment.

Can't wait to see you this weekend! WHO-HOOOOOO!!!!

Anonymous said...

1. JR is very cute! Nice catch, LT!

2. The picture of Max and Santa is adorable!!! There is no possible way that I could ever get my ADD children to sit still long enough to snap a pic with Santa.

Anonymous said...

yaya and JR sitting in a tree...

what Christmas movie are you watching on Friday? I wish I could watch Christmas movies at work.

Colby and Daniel said...

Laura, JR is too cute and you just make him look even better. Ya'll are such a good looking couple! Have a Merry Christmas.
P.S.Thanks for the comments on my blog. We are loving our little bundle of joy!

Tracy~ said...

Your hair looks fantastic in those pics!

Max is a doll!

Here's to surviving the rest of the week!

Claire said...

I wish I could watch Christmas movies at work too. Movies at my school are the antithesis of survival.

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

hooray for Christmas! you + me + mere at ljs thursday after school. be there.

Adelia said...

You look so good. I can't wait to see you this weekend. Are Max and JR coming to C'ville with you?

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you let the homeschooled dog see santa. :)

Anonymous said...

J.R. is very cool!
I feel sorry for Sophie--she can't enjoy Christmas because she's part Jewish.
LJLL