Saturday, November 17, 2007

more great gift ideas!

Last week I posted a list of my favorite things, hoping to offer a few Christmas gift ideas for you. Well, get excited...I have more! I was thrilled to see my Real Simple magazine waiting for me in the mailbox when I got home from school yesterday. I look forward to getting it every month, especially when a holiday is nearing! There's an excellent section on gift ideas in the magazine, and in the back of the magazine, there's an entire section of websites so your shopping can be made easier. Don't stress out about not having the time to go shopping, take a look at some of these websites for fabulous ideas and you might find just what you want!


-Letter Perspectives- this one is great and very unique. Here, you'll find photos of everyday objects that are shaped like the letters of the alphabet. You can create your very own wall art to spell and look however you wish. As you can see, the picture here spells "Peace." How cool is that? (Of course, if you're wanting to spell out a name as long as "Tomlinson," you may want to rethink it, as I'm sure 9 letters would be a little pricey!)

-Strawberry Luna- there's a section in the magazine especially for kids, and that's where I came across this. While the site has posters and prints for any age, they also have these adorable alphabet prints, which would be so cute in a kid's room. This one says "L is for Ladybug." Other examples are "D is for Dog," "G is for Giraffe," etc. Precious.

-Jack and Lulu- this site features framed monogrammed prints with 18 patterns available. I love these and think this would be a fabulous gift for any female. Oh, and they're only $50 each, which I don't think is too bad, especially since that's including the frame!

-Other People's Love Letters - This is a book that contains 150 love letters that 'you were never meant to see.' I don't know about you, but I'm intrigued. I love a little cheesiness! In the magazine, this book is advertised for $23, but on the website, it's marked down to $15. 30. I'd love to take a little sneak peak inside this sappy book! Maybe I should get this as a little Christmas happy for myself. :) (Don't worry, MSKS, I'm not getting this for you! haha).

There are DOZENS of more websites and gift ideas in this month's Real Simple, but these are a few of my favorites! :)

Happy Shopping!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

PLEASE spell out Tomlinson on your living room wall.

Anonymous said...

Better yet, spell out "Tomcrosbo."

The Texas VicHorns said...

yes, i vote tomcrosbo with claire.

these are good ideas lt. which one are you hinting at the most??

Sarah Mae said...

I am also loving this issue of Real Simple. I love your selections!

Unknown said...

hahaha...tomcrosbo.
I don't get it. Funny, but i don't get it.

Anonymous said...

Hey Miss T!It is me Eileen!I saw the pictures of Max,he is so cute! How is your new class?Tell me.My school is great!And also tell me how you are doing!BYE!