Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas all around!

Take a little time! This is really fun (and somewhat of a nice stress reliever!) =)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? wrapping paper no doubt. I'm my mother's child. I have a different theme each year, so all of my presents look the same. I love to wrap, although I'm not nearly as good as some.
2. Tree--Real or Artificial? I'm not partial to either one really. I have an artificial tree because it's easier and you don't have to water it, but I do love the real tree smell.
3. When do you put Christmas tree up? As soon as possible without being tacky about it. I always want to do it in October but others won't allow me to do such.
4. When do you take the tree down? I wait as long as possible without, once again, being tacky. It's usually the beginning of January. I love Christmas.
5. Like egg nog? no, but I kinda wish I did. I think it looks festive. I do LOVE egg nog bread. Heather gave me that recipe once. It's fabulous even if you don't like egg nog itself.
6. Do you have a nativity scene? I don't actually.
7. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably the awesome Barbie house Santa brought the 3 of us one year. Of course Heather and I thought it was the wrong color, so we try to 'paint' it white with toothpaste. It didn't work and we got in trouble.
8. Hardest person to buy for? MSKS and all of the males in my family.
9. Easiest person to buy for? probably my sisters. They pretty much like the same things as me.
10. Worst Christmas gift? honestly can't think of one that has been just completely terrible!
11. Mail or email a Christmas Card? MAIL! I love Christmas card pictures! I've gotten really good ones this year. Some friends and fellow bloggers who have sent some great ones this year: the Skaggs, the Smiths, the Overstreets, and the Lowes. Love them all! Last year I sent out a picture of Max wearing a santa suit, but he got made fun of so badly for it so he refused to pose for me this year. Thanks a lot guys. I opted AGAINST sending out the one man shot of myself from the church directory as a Christmas card. Haha. Expect to get a cute one from me one day when I have cute kids to show off.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Sorry...can't choose just one. a. Christmas Vacation b. Christmas Story c. Home Alone (JR and I actually watched that one Sunday afternoon...LOVE IT) d. Grinch e. Elf
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? usually mid October. I was pretty much finished shopping by Thanksgiving. I love being finished early.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? not that I recall. That's not a lie either.
15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? anything sweet I can get my hands on. We also eat a big breakfast on Christmas morning. I love cheese grits and biscuits. Yummy.
16. Clear or colored tree lights? clear
17. Favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night, Mary Did You Know?, Go Tell it on the Mountain...I could go on and on
18. Travel during Christmas or Stay home? In the past, we've traveled before or after Christmas, but we're usually home on Christmas day. This year may be a little different, but I don't plan on traveling too far regardless!
19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? DUH!!! Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixon, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph.
20. Angel or Star on Tree top? no preference. I don't even have a tree topper!
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? morning!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? When people forget the real meaning of Christmas. I also don't like it when people refuse to say "Merry CHRISTmas". Get over yourselves!

Your turn! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

please send out a one-man shot from the church directory.

Anonymous said...

YaYa..I am highly offended...What about "Muppets Christmas Carol" with the lady and her big nostrils?