Thursday, December 13, 2007

My sweet Nana...the birthday girl.

My wonderful grandmother turns 81 years old today. She would kill me if she knew I was broadcasting her age over the Internet, but I think it's important for all to realize how incredible she looks for someone her age. She doesn't look 81 does she?
Those of you who know Nana know how special she is. She has the fashion of a 20 year old with a mind of a young woman not much older than that. She's hip, stylish, LOVES to be the center of attention, and is so fun to be around. She's by far one of my favorite people in the world. You've heard me talk about my Dada before and you probably remember that it's been over a year since he passed away. Well, this sweet lady was his rock. She was the one who insisted that he be cared for in his own home, as opposed to a nursing home or something similar. She endured so many tough times while caring for him, sometimes questioning whether or not she could continue doing what she did. She proved to her family members (and surprised herself I think) by being the best caretaker my grandfather could have ever wished for. Even during those times when my Dada could no longer communicate with us, he would give her a certain look as if he were thanking her and expressing how proud he was of her.
She is such a Godly woman who has demonstrated strength better than anyone I know. She has such a strong faith that is admired by so many. She always says that there is no way she could have done what she did had she not had God right there with her. What an amazing role model she is.
These pictures were taken Tuesday night when my parents, aunt, uncle, cousin Jake, and JR took Nana out to eat to celebrate. Your presence was greatly missed Kristen and Heather!
Happy Birthday to my sweet Nana. Oh how she is loved!

P.S. I received a threatening comment from my dear friend Claire, who is demanding me to blog more about what is going on in my life right now rather than blogging so much about my nephew. Well, Claire, I apologize, and I'll try to do better about this. What you must understand is that my life right now consists mostly of surviving each school day until I get out for Christmas, while trying to fight off various sicknesses that my students bring to school with them. I can assure you that the life of my 1-year old nephew is much more exciting! :)
I'm glad you care about my life, though, so I'll try to do better about keeping you updated on it. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nana is a classy lady...