Friday, November 7, 2008

Ready or not, HERE IT COMES (well...almost)...

Thanks for this Heather. I look for any excuse I can to get the Christmas season started! :)
What do you think of the "Christmas blog" look???
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? much like the sis, I like coordinated wrapping. I love choosing my theme for the year. I've also got really cute gift tags this year, thanks to the genius Renee!
2. Real tree or Artificial? well...I own an artificial tree. That doesn't necessarily mean that I PREFER them though.
3. When do you put up the tree? It's all I can do to wait until Thanksgiving is over. I want to put it up NOW.
4. When do you take the tree down? Around New Year's. It makes me sad to take it down.
5. Do you like eggnog? No, but I kinda wish I did for some reason. It's so Christmasy.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Perhaps the doll house that the 3 of us got one year. Do you know this story? Santa brought us an AMAZING doll house (we still fight over who is going to ultimately keep it). Heather and i decided to "paint" the roof white, so we got a couple of tubes of toothpaste and smeared it on the roof of our precious doll house. I think we got in trouble.
7. Hardest person to buy for? MSKS
8. Easiest person to buy for? sisters and Nana. Nana loves ANYTHING.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? no, but I really need/want one.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I thought I was going to save money this year and just do the email thing. I love Christmas cards too much to give it up though!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? don't so much remember bad ones.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas Vacation, Christmas Story, It's a Wonderful Life, Elf. I LOVE CHRISTMAS MOVIES.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Oh...I'm finished. Already
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?yes, but only because I knew the person I was giving it to could really appreciate it...not because I'm cheap!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? ooohhh...where to begin...puppy chow, cookies, soup, breakfast at Nana's, etc... I love to eat!
16. Lights on the tree? You better believe it.
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night, Go Tell it on the Mountain (especially James Taylor's version). I am obsessed with Christmas music of all kinds. Look for an upcoming post which will include Christmas songs on my ITunes!
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I plan on staying home until I have a husband whom I will compromise with!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? I teach 2nd grade. I know everything about Santa.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I have a star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? When people don't call it CHRISTmas.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? No particular one. I do love giving/receiving ornaments though. I also use a sharpie to label the year on every ornament I get. There is a Ladanian Tomlinson ornament at Hallmark. I should probably buy it since he and I are brother and sister and all.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? leftover soup!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I better not say....
Stay tuned for some more fun Christmas posts! Let the excitement begin!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

YOU ARE OUT OF CONTROL!
thanksgiving is still weeks away.
one of the many reasons my husband loves you...

Melanie said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!I am in the process of changing my blog look for Christmas. Hope to be done by Sunday!!!! I think I am decorating my house tomorrow after Mistletoe!!! Can't wait!!!
I may have to copy these questions, of course, if you don't mind!!!

Anonymous said...

puppy chow? for real? I bet Max doesn't appreciate that.

Tassie said...

A couple of years ago I found a Christmas tree at Walgreens that you put up in your car. It had suction cups so you could stick to your window and the lights plugged into the cigarette lighter. I think you would've have loved it. During the Christmas season, I have some type of Christmas tree in every room of my house. Even the bathrooms.

Maggie Ethridge said...

Thanks for following our blog! I loved your comment on the rolling. I think you are right- the better question IS why?! We're pretty sure it was kids that just got the wrong house. No one has confessed and we honestly can't think of anyone (in town at least) that would have done it! Too funny & what a mystery.

Hope you're well, love the Christmas look!

Michael and Crissie said...

I would have to add "Breath of Heaven (Mary's song) from Amy Grant's Christmas album.