Wednesday, November 12, 2008

7 more days AND COUNTING.

You may be wondering...7 more days until what??
THANKSGIVING BREAK my friends. I am a teacher, and we teachers countdown to every single holiday. And let me just tell you, it's time for a break! I get the entire week off, and I'm looking forward to a little R&R with my family. I totally can't wait.

My Christmas blog layout may be causing some of you to believe that I may have forgotten or overlooked another very important holiday that falls at the end of this month. Don't worry though. I love Thanksgiving, and I find that it's important to take that special day every year to reflect and thank God for the really important things in life. (I was just so looking forward to making my blog "Christmasy", and I want to be able to enjoy it before Christmas is over!).

Anyway, I am very aware, possibly more aware than ever, that there are MANY things for which I should be thankful. I make my "thankful" list every year, and for the most part, it stays about the same year to year. This year, though, I find myself being MORE THANKFUL THAN EVER for all I have been blessed with. Sometimes it takes going through tough times to realize all of the GOOD things in life, you know?

So, while this list IS very similar to last year's, it has its differences. I am 100 times more thankful for the following than I was even a year ago:

1. My parents. They're just fabulous. All of the time. Period.

2. My sisters. Sometimes I still want to hit them :), but I love them more than ever and I'm so blessed to have them. (It's funny how often I get asked "so, which sister are you closer to?" I couldn't choose one over the other even if I HAD to. I talk to both of them daily and can't imagine otherwise).

3. Henry. I love him more everytime I see him. I can't imagine having my own child one day and loving him/her more.

4. My brothers-in-law. I'm pretty sure I would be friends with both of them even if they weren't married to my sisters.

5. Max. He's tested me more these past few months, but it still makes me happy to see his tail wagging when I get home from school everyday.

6. My friends. I have so many best friends, who have all played a huge role in my life. Never will any of them know how much their friendship has blessed my life. The fun thing about all of my friends...they're ALL so different from each other! In fact, most of my friends aren't even friends with each other. I can't wait to have them all in the same room at the same time--heaven. It's been during this past year, when I have truly realized...I DO have the best friends in the entire world! What have I done to deserve them? I'll never know.

7. My job. How terrible would it be to wake up every morning and dread going to work? I'm glad I have a job that I actually enjoy. (Even though I AM SO READY FOR THANKSGIVING BREAK...Have I mentioned that already??). I'm surrounded by wonderful people who encourage me daily.

THANK YOU GOD FOR ALL YOU HAVE GIVEN ME!

What are YOU thankful for this Thanksgiving?

5 comments:

The Robertsons said...

Hurry Thanksgiving break or I will need to be medicated! Please note my post to George:)

The Beidleman's said...

Love your blog. Not sure if I have ever posted. I am a teacher too and JUST started back to work from maternity leave...I am definately counting down the days...we get a week, too...and it is much needed!

Have a great week. Tomorrow is Friday!!

Unknown said...

You want to hit me? I am appalled.

I am thankful leopard print flats are in style.

Tassie said...

I'm thankful that you got me to start blogging.

Anonymous said...

From 1 teacher to another, re-think your love for teaching.