Sunday, November 30, 2008

The end of a perfect Thanksgiving week!

Do I REALLY have to go back to work tomorrow? I know, I know...I'm a teacher and I shouldn't complain about the fabulous holidays I get. The downside to these great breaks--it makes it SO MUCH HARDER to go back. You're probably rolling your eyes at me right now unless you're a teacher. It's good to know that some of you understand how I feel. :) I will say that this break was exactly what I needed. It was relaxing, fun and productive all at the same time. I have all of my decorating, wrapping, and card-sending completely finished, which is a really good feeling. I worked at MINT a couple of days, which I always enjoy. On top of that, I was able to spend time with my family in Collinsville (previously posted), and last night my dad's side of the family had Thanksgiving dinner at my parents' house. Everyone, minus Kristen (who had to work all day:( ), was able to be there. I missed Kristen, but I won't go there right now...
My mom not only hosted and prepared the dinner, she also very creatively decorated the house. She made everything very festive. Above, you can see that Mom made everyone a name label for our seats. I also took a couple of pictures of the table decor, which was very "Thanksgivingy". I loved it. Needless to say, I ate WAY too much this week, but it was Thanksgiving so calories don't count right? Even if I did gain a couple (or 6 or 7) pounds in just a matter of 4 days, it was totally worth it. :)

I was surprisingly somewhat calm with my camera this weekend, but here are a few pictures that I DID take.
Henry's buddy this weekend was my cousin Jake (who is obviously sporting the "no shave November" look). Here's a picture of Jake and Henry teasing each other. Oh, and of course that's my Aunt Stephanie in the back.

Henry loves playing outside.



Henry and his other buddy Trey, or "Fray" as Henry calls him (also sporting "no shave November") walking in the "woods" behind my parents' house. I think this made Henry feel very masculine. He kept telling Trey that he wanted to "Go to woods. Find a deer."
Sounds like another hunter-to-be in the family!


I hope your Thanksgiving was fantastic! Can you believe it's the last day of November? Weird.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Great decorations..Hope you've had a great week off. Back to the grind tomorrow!

JordanandSaundersRamsey said...

Melita is so festive!!! I can't believe Henry is 2!!! He is sooooo cute!!!