Sunday, November 9, 2008

Another weekend with Henry and my '08 Christmas playlist!

This was the first weekend in a long time that I have had NOTHING to do...no football game, no 5K run, no working--NOTHING. Normally I enjoy staying busy, but let's be honest, after weekend after weekend of going, going, and GOING, it's so nice to do nothing for once. My parents have been on cloud 9 since Friday. Kristen is out of town attending a conference, and Rob has been super busy all weekend with a soccer tournament, so guess where Henry has been!... HERE! This is the first time he's spent this much time away from his mom and dad, and he's loved it. I spent most of the day with him both yesterday and today. He really is at such a fun age right now. He has a way of putting anybody in a good mood!
Anyway, here are some pictures from the weekend. He ate ice cream at Nana's today, and he helped Nana decorate her Christmas tree. Yes, Nana has ALL Christmas decorations up at her house. At one point a couple of weeks ago, she had Halloween, Thanksgiving, AND Christmas decorations up at the same time. It's true. That's why we love our Nana! :)


Now. I'm in the process of downloading some new Christmas music. I love Christmas music. As of now, I have 86 Christmas songs on my Itunes. I'm not going to list ALL of the songs I have, but I am going to narrow down my favorites (including my fave artists) for you.

Here are 20 of my favorite Christmas songs (in no particular order):

(Please feel free to help me add to my list!)

1. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas- Sara Groves (Diana Krall ALSO has a fabulous and very different version of this song).

2. Someday At Christmas -Stevie Wonder

3. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree -Brenda Lee

4. Christmas Song (Is that the name?)- Elton John

5. Where Are You Christmas? - Faith Hill

6. Go Tell It On The Mountain - James Taylor

7. In The Bleak Midwinter -James Taylor

8. Winter Wonderland -Jewel

9. All I Want for Christmas-Mariah Carey (how can you NOT like this one?) :)

10. O Holy Night - Martina McBride

11. Love Came Down-Point of Grace

12. Not That Far from Bethleham -Point of Grace

13. Baby, It's Cold Outside - (there are lots of different versions. I have the James Taylor version as well as the one you hear on "Elf." Love them both!).

14. Please Come Home for Christmas (artist???)

15. Santa Baby (There are also several different versions of this song. Never heard one I didn't like!).

16. Do You Hear What I Hear?-Whitney Houston

17. White Christmas - Rascal Flatts (this is a favorite song of mine. If you're not a country fan, you may not like this particular version!).

18. Little Drummer Boy -Bob Seger

19. On Santa's Way Home - Marc Broussard (it's fun and "jazzy!")

20. O Christmas Tree -George Strait (you know I can't have a song list without my George!)

21. (I know I said I was only going to do 20, but it's hard for me!) Carol of the Bells- it reminds me of Home Alone...a CLASSIC.

What's on YOUR playlist this year?

7 comments:

Tassie said...

Okay, how pathetic is this? I don't own an IPod, an MP3 player, or any other music technology more sophisicated than a portable CD player. I seriously need some help in this department. I love Christmas music too. I have several compilation CD's that I love. I have a tape at school called "Jingle Claws" and the ENTIRE album is Christmas carols song by real cats meowing. It's hilarious and the kids love it. Another fave is anything by Manheim Steamroller.

The Overstreets said...

LOVE the festive blog layout!

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

cute new blog! how do i do that?? also, your #10 is my #1. for me, it isn't christmas until i hear mary beth sing "o holy night"

mary straton said...

The Elton John song is called "Step Into Christmas."

I also love the Stevie Wonder/India Arie verson of "A Christmas Song." It was on a Target commercial years ago.

Tricia said...

You have really put me in the Holiday Spirit now. LOVE the blog decor!

Julie said...

You have to listen to The Christmas Song by Dave Matthews (It's not like the original Christmas Song, it's another one... I lurve it)... PS I have only 5 more presents left ot buy before I am done with Christmas shopping. Yay!

The Andersons said...

Love the Christmas song list!! I need to know where you download your songs from. I need some new ones on my IPod. And is it free?