Saturday, February 3, 2007

Ahh...What a Life!

I enjoy staying "on the go" on the weekends. My sisters and lots of my friends are all scattered in various places, so I always have somewhere to visit. BUT, sometimes it's fun to stay at home and do NOTHING...and I mean NOTHING. That's exactly what I decided to do this weekend.
The house in which I live is actually a 2 story house divided into 2 different apartments. I rent the downstairs. When I moved here last summer, I had no idea who would be living above me, and to tell you the truth, I was a little nervous. Think about it, I'm a teacher, and the LAST thing I wanted was for a couple of loud college guys to move in upstairs and keep me up all hours of the night.

Let's just say that I was one lucky girl...

Not only was my "upstairs neighbor" NOT a loud college student, but in fact, she too was a 25-year old teacher. WHAT A COINCIDENCE! Her name is Mandy, and she teaches Drama at Starkville High School. Needless to say, we quickly found out that we had a lot in common and we became instant friends. It's nice to be able to just run upstairs if I need something or if I just need SOMEONE to listen to me blab or vent about something. We also treasure our Sunday nights, when we always watch Desperate Housewives with our wine in hand. So fun.
Mandy also treasures sleep as much as I do, so she doesn't make fun of the fact that I go to bed extremely early during the week. She understands the term "teacher-tired."
I came home from school sick yesterday, so I knew I wouldn't do much of anything at all this weekend (and I was SO looking forward to it). Mandy decided that doing nothing today would be fun too, so we came up with a "to do" list for today:

-stay in PJ's as long as possible
-drink as much coffee as we want
-eat cinnamon rolls .. (yum yum!)
-watch old "Office" episodes

I think sometimes we're all guilty of staying on the go so much and we rarely take time to stop what we're doing and just spend time with those close to us and do NOTHING for a change! I encourage you to stop worrying about "not getting everything done," and take time out of your day to spend time with those you love! You'll be glad you did!

Have a great weekend!


Here's a picture of me and Mandy at Thanksgiving. Mandy is from Michigan, so she was unable to go home for the holiday. She celebrated Thanksgiving with my family and we were so glad to have her there!

"So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for you today." -Matthew 6:34

2 comments:

The Kosko Family said...

lt, it was so great to hear from you.....

glad you are doing well....i loved seeing the pics of baby henry! i just became an aunt myself....isn't it fun!

take care, and i'll be visiting your blog often to keep up with you....you do the same, ok???

love
kendy

Unknown said...

mandy is cute.